ActiveSync does not detect iPAQ Pocket PC via USB (421 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Nadim Chidiac
Message 1 of 7 (421 Views)

ActiveSync does not detect iPAQ Pocket PC via USB

[ Edited ]

I bought a new iPAQ h5450, and whenever I install ActiveSync and it tries to detect it, it can't locate it (it is attached to the USB port of the laptop). I changed the USB port, same problem, used a different pc and a different laptop, same thing. I changed the cradle, same issue. I downloaded the latest version of ActiveSync, and I am still getting the same problem. Does anyone know anything about this issue? Please help.
Regards, Nadim

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. This thread has been moved from Microsoft>Windows XP to Ipaq- Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Ganesh Babu
Message 2 of 7 (421 Views)

Re: ActiveSync does not detect iPAQ Pocket PC via USB

u can also try posting this question.. in our business support forums..

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=273

Ganesh
Occasional Visitor
Cliff Kendall
Message 3 of 7 (421 Views)

Hello Nadim,

I have the very same problem with an iPAQ H4350. How have you resolved your issue? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff Kendall
jckjr64@yahoo.com
Valued Contributor
Guy Humphreys
Message 4 of 7 (421 Views)

Nadim,

you have probably tried this already but just in case, have you done a hard reset on the ipaq?

This normally sorts things out for me with sync problems

Cheers
Guy
'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'
Frequent Advisor
Nadim Chidiac
Message 5 of 7 (421 Views)

Tried the cold reset, tried everything that could be tried :), and still nothing worked. I eventually took it to an HP service center and they had it replaced as it was still under warranty.

Best regards,
Nadim
Occasional Visitor
Kumanathasan
Message 6 of 7 (421 Views)

Hello Nadim!

Do you have any firewall on your router?
If you have firewall you wont be able to connect.
2.There is active sync 3.8 is now availbale you can download that from www.pocketpc.com.

Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Cliff Kendall
Message 7 of 7 (421 Views)

It appears that my problem is due to the USB not being enabled in my CMOS configuration. This was not picked up originally because the Activesync software indicated that USB was available. Once I dug into the CMOS configuration I found that the USB was not enabled thus not permitting communication across.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.