Re: Only VM Center and HyperV to select!! (318 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MolsenA
Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

Only VM Center and HyperV to select!!

Hello Everybody,

i installed and started the HP Virtualisation Performance Viewer 1.10 and can only select VM VCenter or Microsoft SCVMM in the Domain. In the Manual i can read its possible to choose Xen or KVM as Datasource, but nothing to select. Something wrong?

Andreas

Trusted Contributor
Sudhindra Kumar
Message 2 of 5 (323 Views)

Re: Only VM Center and HyperV to select!!

Hi Andreas,

Are you using the extractable version (**Extractable_HPPV_ArchiveExtractor_01.10.000.zip) of vPV? If you are, then data sources like Xen and KVM are not supported in the extractable version of vPV. Here's what I found in the install guide of vPV:

Note: vPV does not support KVM, Xen, HP aPaaS, or OpenStack as data sources if it is installed using the Archive Extractor.

You can use the Linux installer or the Virtual Appliance if you're interested in monitoring KVM/Xen environments.

Regards,

Sudhi

Valued Contributor
Vishwanath Pargaonkar
Message 3 of 5 (318 Views)

Yes , Please get back to us with above for further investigation.

Thank you Sudhi :)

Advisor
Domen Setar
Message 4 of 5 (287 Views)

It is interesting that HP does not offer any product for HP VM (HP Virtual Machines) but for many other non-HP products (vmware, Microsoft etc).

Miloš

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 5 (278 Views)

Re: Only VM Center and HyperV to select!

>It is interesting that HP does not offer any product for HP VM (HP Virtual Machines)

Probably because HP VMs only run on Integrity servers.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.