Cant Access HP SOA Remotely Redirects to Localhost (337 Views)
Frequent Advisor
jhaines82
Message 1 of 3 (337 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cant Access HP SOA Remotely Redirects to Localhost

Experts,

I have installed SOA 3.20 successfully and can access the URL fine from the VM Server (localhost) where it is installed. When i try to access it from my local machine it redirects me to localhost and give me a unable to connect to localhost error. Is there a way to change the redirect to point to the Host Name and not localhost? Here is the message i am seeing in the output

18:49:31,197 INFO [LoginServlet] Redirecting to http://localhost:8080/soa/web/service-catalog/

As you can probably tell i am new to SOA, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Tomas Kulhanek
Message 2 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Cant Access HP SOA Remotely Redirects to Localhost

Hi,

the SOA Systinet uses the configuration settings reffering to the hostname to render HTML pages.
The easy way to reconfigure your SOA instance is to change the hostname using setup tool:

1. stop the server (if you use JBoss app. server you may do it by pressing Ctrl+C on the server console, or execute the [SOA_HOME]/bin/serverstop.bat)

2. launch the setup tool
[SOA_HOME]/bin/setup.bat

3.select Advanced and in the list of "Custom Scenario Selection" select "Endpoint Properties". The other depended scenarios will be selected automatically.

4. Into the "Hostname" field enter the fully gualified hostname or e.g. IP address (instead of localhost) under which is your application server listening the incoming HTTP connection and you whish this hostname(or IP) will be rendered into the HTML.

5. Next, Next, Finish, if you don't use JBoss app. server you may need to redeploy the ear.

6. start the server

Let me know whether the advice helped you.

regards

Tomas Kulhanek
HP SOA Systinet Support
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jhaines82
Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Cant Access HP SOA Remotely Redirects to Localhost

Thomas had the perfect answer to solve this problem. After making the changes recommended i was able to access the application without any issues from a remote pc. See thread above for details of resolution. Thanks for the Help and great answer!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation