email configuration (3131 Views)
Occasional Advisor
anyCOPY
Message 1 of 14 (3,131 Views)

email configuration

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this has been dealt with before, I cannot find anything on these boards about it ( or I'm just not looking where I should ), but here's a challenge:

We have a P4500 setup, with 5 storage nodes. Everything is running perfect, but the email setup. In the alarms, there's an error message stating "The email configuration status is failed". Which is weird, since all nodes are sending test and error emails to our support emailadress, We just can't seem to get rid of the *warning* ( the little yellow sign with the exclamation point in it  in our CMC. We've tried setting up a completely new mailserver, just for testing purposes, to no avail.

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Kay Dieckmann

anyCOPY ApS

HP Pro
Jitun
Message 2 of 14 (3,122 Views)

Re: email configuration

As of now there is no way to remove the warning from the Alarms.

Are the Nodes updated with Patch-set 20020 and 20030 ?
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Occasional Advisor
anyCOPY
Message 3 of 14 (3,116 Views)

Thanks for your quick reply.

As for the patches, yes, the nodes are fully patched and updated..

It's just weird that the error is only showing up on one of 5 identical nodes, but the configuration is done in CMC for all 5 nodes ( so I would assume that either none, or all 5 nodes should be in error.. ) And I hate errormessages, when in fact, there is no error.. :)

Again, thanks for your reply !!

Kay Dieckmann

HP Pro
Jitun
Message 4 of 14 (3,106 Views)

Its most probably a Bug.

I would advice opening a Case with HP.

--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Honored Contributor
Bart_Heungens
Message 5 of 14 (3,104 Views)

I don't know the explanation why, but I had this once also and I was able to solve it by making a change in the configuration inside the CMC (for instance add an email address) so that the config has to be re-deployed to all storage nodes... And all errors were gone...

Give it a try!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
My blog: http://blog.bitcon.be
Occasional Visitor
majedian21
Message 6 of 14 (3,085 Views)

I had this exact same problem with our P4000 G2 cluster after creating it - 3 out of the 5 nodes showed this alert message. All patches were up-to-date for my nodes and CMC. I followed the advice mentioned above and simply changed the sender email within the Management Groups's Events > Email option. I hit "Apply and Test" and it worked - something must have needed to get reset in each node's configuration. I simply changed it back to what the sender email was originally, and I was good to go. Hope that helps to confirm the fix!

Honored Contributor
Bart_Heungens
Message 7 of 14 (3,080 Views)

Good to hear that the 'fix' helps...

Do not forget to assign this thread as solved for further visitors! Kudo's are always nice to receive :smileywink:

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
My blog: http://blog.bitcon.be
Occasional Advisor
anyCOPY
Message 8 of 14 (3,063 Views)

Good to hear that " Fix " worked for someone. However, bug still persists on our end.

Any other possible solutions are welcome.. ( complete reinstall/reconfigure of CMC didnt help either )

Occasional Advisor
anyCOPY
Message 9 of 14 (3,041 Views)

Ok, so today there was an update available for the CMC, and even though it wasn't in the patchnotes, I figured I'd update that to see if it would solve the issue...But ofcourse, it didn't, it made it worse.. now, 3 out of 4 nodes are showing the error.

Thanks HP

Occasional Visitor
robbiebob
Message 10 of 14 (1,482 Views)

Hey its 2013 why does this bug still exist... newly updated all the firmware .... Thanks for the answer though.. helped me :)

HP Pro
Stephan_K
Message 11 of 14 (1,465 Views)

Hi,

for the current Lefthand OS Versions this issue normally does not occur.

In 9.5  Patchset 02 there was an fix for this issue:

• When email is not configured for a storage system, the warning icon no longer displays incorrectly next to the storage system icon. The warning icon correctly displays next to the Email icon under Events node in the Navigation pane.

In previous versions i also found sometime alarms even if email was working. I fixed it by adding an recipient address and removing it afterwards again.

Hope this helps.

Regards

stephan

Occasional Visitor
KEKopp
Message 12 of 14 (1,371 Views)

This is issue appears to ongoing.

I was able to work-around by changing all information to random address, applying, then again entering correct information and applying.

This occurred for me when rebuilding a node and adding it to the SAN.

It appears that all information must be changed or the information is not applied consistently to all nodes.

Cheers..

Trusted Contributor
Emilo
Message 13 of 14 (1,361 Views)

Clear all the values

Save and exit CMC

Go back in and add

see if that works

Occasional Visitor
Brad Toy
Message 14 of 14 (842 Views)

That worked for me too, thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.