Question about the MIB for P4500G2 (173 Views)
Occasional Collector
luciano_lingnau
Message 1 of 1 (173 Views)

Question about the MIB for P4500G2

[ Edited ]

Well, we have four P4500G2 storages, we use PRTG to do all of our monitoring, I've found the MIB for the storage (LEFTHAND-NETWORKS-NSM-STORAGE-MIB) and I can actually fetch the values I want to lookup, the problem is that I wan't able to find the "lookup table" for the values:

I'm checking a property called "storage raid device state" (1.3.6.1.4.1.9804.3.1.1.2.4.4.1.90), It returns an integer (0, 1, 2, 3?) Today it's returning 1, I presume that 1 must be "OK".

The MIB's documentation tell's me: "The RAID device (controller) state.  Possible values are: normal, rebuilding, degraded"

The thing is, I don't know what integer will represent rebuilding and what integer will represent degraded, I will have to input that to properly configure the monitoring.

In contact with HP Brazil over phone I was told that "It's not possible" and "You MUST use HP CMC to monitor the Storage". Can any soul out there give me a better answer?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum Moderator

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.