HP SoftPaq Download Manager do not display any SoftPaq (3579 Views)
Occasional Advisor
alerte
Message 1 of 12 (3,579 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP SoftPaq Download Manager do not display any SoftPaq

I have HP ProBook 4510s with Windows 7 Ultimate installed and I know that this notebook don’t come with this version of Windows, so I cannot use “Show This Computer” mode. But eventhough I select “Show All Products” mode there is no available SoftPaqs.

Am I doing something wrong, how can I display available SoftPaqs in Download Manager?

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 2 of 12 (3,561 Views)

Re: HP SoftPaq Download Manager do not display any SoftPaq

SDM will match the installed OS exactly to the HP tested offerings and since Ultimate was not offered for the 4510s, SDM will not support Update mode.  You can still use SDM to download your SoftPaqs by selecting a simliar supported OS in "All Products" mode.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
alerte
Message 3 of 12 (3,528 Views)

Well that is the problem, there is no SoftPaqs displayed even though I selected "All Products" mode with similar supported OS (Windows 7 Professional 32, Windows 7 Home Basic 32, Windows 7 Home Premium 32). I have tried selecting one, selecting combination of these still nothing. Any suggestions what to do?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
alerte
Message 4 of 12 (3,383 Views)

Two months have passed and still nothing..

Could anyone give me something how to get this working, I cannot believe that there is no support from hp

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 12 (3,380 Views)

>I cannot believe that there is no support from HP

This is a peer to peer forum, not an official HP support site.

Have you tried the HPSC?  http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
alerte
Message 6 of 12 (3,370 Views)

I have tried almost everything and still nothing, hopefully some solution will come up..

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 7 of 12 (3,333 Views)

If products are not showing in All product mode, there could be something wrong with your catalog.  Please reset it and run SDM again.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-SoftPaq-Download-Manager/FAQ-06-Resetting-the-SDM-Catalog/td-p/10556...

Otherwise, send feedback (and a log file) by selecting Help - Provide Feedback to HP from the main menu.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
alerte
Message 8 of 12 (3,330 Views)

That helped!!

After resetting the catalogue I can see the SoftPaqs in SDM All Product mode. Still I am not able to see only my computer and to check updates, but as said it is not possible as I have windows 7 ultimate..

Thanks louy ;)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
foobar666
Message 9 of 12 (1,779 Views)

I've got Win7pro x64 on HP Probook 6460b Eng installation from branded HP DVD

I was able to use Softpaq manager v3.4.10.0 however now it autoupdates directly to v3.4.11.0 which does not work at all for this model.

I've tried resetting SDM, uninstalled 3.4.11.0, reinstalled 3.4.10.0 which again immeaditely updates it back.

It does not matter what I select in tools->options for filters, none work.

Notebooks bought from Finland, but hardly this can be the problem?

Is there a way to keep SDM from autoupdating itself? <---

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 10 of 12 (1,741 Views)

[ Edited ]

To answer your question: no, there is no way to prevent SDM from autoupdating itself.

However, the problem you are experiencing seems to be with a bad catalog and not with the new version of SDM and is just a coincidence.

A fixed version of the catalog has been published. Please launch SDM to download.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ambi
Message 11 of 12 (1,254 Views)

I have downloaded SDM v3.4.12.0 but got the same issue...

I have ProBook 4530s and Windows 7 x64 Enterprise English.

No matter what have been checked in OS/Language Filter -> "No SoftPaq found"

I've reset Catalog as pointed here:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-SoftPaq-Download-Manager/FAQ-06-Resetting-the-SDM-Catalog/m-p/105565...

but got the same issue...

Any suggestions please...

BTW, I used SDM v3.4.4.0 two years ago and it did work perfect in spite of notebook has quite different OS preinstalled

(later it has been replaced by Win7).

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 12 of 12 (1,231 Views)

In "Update" mode, SDM displays the SoftPaqs associated with a model and operating system (and language) that have

been certified and tested by HP. The OS match has to be exact in versions of Windows prior to Windows 8. Although the 4530s has Win7 SoftPaqs avaliable, HP never tested that model with Windows 7 Enterprise and that is why SDM is stating that there are no SoftPaq available for it.

You can still use SDM with this OS in "All Products" mode, but you will have to install the SoftPaqs manually after download and SDM will not be able to display the installed status of the SoftPaqs as it does in "Update" mode.

For more information, please read this post: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-SoftPaq-Download-Manager/FAQ-20-quot-This-specific-model-could-not-b...

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation