Re: HP Early Evaluation Program Download Manager Requires Login? (787 Views)
Occasional Advisor
bnjroo
Message 1 of 3 (822 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Early Evaluation Program Download Manager Requires Login?

[ Edited ]

Recently, HP SoftPaq Download Manager on my HP ProBook 4540s self-updated and installed HP Early Evaluation Program Download Manager. I'm fine with autoupdates, but there's a problem.

First, I can't use the original SoftPaq Download Manager version 3.4.10.0 because it automatically updates. Second,  

I can't use the new HP Early Evaluation Program Download Manager, also version 3.4.10.0, without a username and password. So, now what? Is there a login I can use? Where do I get it?

Just for giggles, I put in my HP Passport username and password, and the login window responds after about 30 seconds with "Could not connect… Please try again…"

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE to HP SoftPaq Download Manager. - HP Forum Moderator

→There's no such thing as a fool-proof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow.
Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 2 of 3 (794 Views)

Re: HP Early Evaluation Program Download Manager Requires Login?

The SDM and the HP Early Evalution Program (EEP) are the exact same application. Which one is installed depends on passing a command-line switch to the installer (setup.msi): no switches = SDM, switches = EEP. This is why we find it puzzling that SDM updated and installed EEP.

You can revert EEP to run as SDM, but rather than explaining all the manual tweaks that need to be performed, we would recommend the following:

• Uninstall SDM/EEP.
  • Delete any files and subdirectories under this directory: C:\ProgramData\HP SoftPaq Download Manager.
  • Download the latest version of SDM from here: http://www.hp.com/go/sdm . Note, that will be version 3.4.11.0.
  • Launch the executable.

To answer your question, SDM continues to not require any credentials but EEP does (for security reasons) but they are assigned to the customer at the time the program starts.

Occasional Advisor
bnjroo
Message 3 of 3 (787 Views)

Re: HP Early Evaluation Program Download Manager Requires Login?

It is odd that my installation was trying to install EEP instead of SDM 3.4.11.0 but I followed your steps and setup went as expected. Thank you.

→There's no such thing as a fool-proof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.