Re: Feature Requests: HP Softpaq Download Manager (463 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Hollanders-Rens
Message 1 of 4 (500 Views)

Feature Requests: HP Softpaq Download Manager

Hi there,

I would like to bring the following to the attention of the HP Softpaq Download Manager, development team.

1. Provide a "Are you sure you want to cancel the download" - button. Clicking on the cancel button by accident immediately results in a cancellation of the download.

2. Provide a "Category filter". This filter would make it possible to filter out unwanted software in the overview, for example I want to only download "Manageability - Driver Packs" or "Driver - Graphics", this currently is not possible.

3. Provide a "Download only latest available softpacks". I'm fully aware this option is available on HP computers which have the softpaq download manager installed: FAQ(04): Can SDM display only the latest SoftPaqs? but this option or functionality is not available when running softpaq download manager on a deployment server, or Hyper-V machine.

To underscribe my feature requests, I have written a blog about it!

Many thanks in advance!

Keep up the good work

Kind regards,

Rens Hollanders

Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 2 of 4 (476 Views)

Re: Feature Requests: HP Softpaq Download Manager

Hi back.

Thanks for your suggestions. Please be assured that we will be passing these to the SDM development team for their consideration.

Regarding item #3, we'd like to point out that that the capability to do this already exists if you have one model, one OS and one language selected. 

If you are maintaining several models in your organization but would like to make use of the above feature, please make use of a SDM configuration (one for each model/OS/language supported).

Note: SDM Configurations are explained in detail in the SDM Help documentation.

To see the latest versions of SoftPaqs for a specific model, please follow the following directions:

• Press the "Show All Products" button if in another mode other than "All Products" mode.
  • Press the "Find Available SoftPaqs" button in "All Products" mode. Note: If the"Show Latest SoftPaqs" buton is grayed out, then more than one model/OS/language has been selected.
  • When the above operation completes, press the "Show Lastest SoftPaqs" button on the far right of the SDM window.

You should now only see the latest version of the all the SoftPaqs for the model/OS/language selected.
Occasional Visitor
Hollanders-Rens
Message 3 of 4 (468 Views)

Hi again,

Thanks for your feedback, it's nice to see such a quick response! For your response on feature requiest #3, to my understanding this will only work on HP hardware, in a virtual machine I receive the following error:

error

So it will only work on HP hardware, and not on a deployment server for example, which runs VMware or Hyper-V

Thanks!

Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 4 of 4 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]

The default mode for SDM is update mode and it will only work on HP commercial products. If SDM is being launched inside a virtual machine, SDM will not recognize it as an HP computer and the SDM Update Mode will not be available.

However, you can select All Products mode to see SoftPaqs for all models supported by SDM in any computer, including non-HP computers and virtual machines. Please refer to the "Using SoftPaq Download Manager" section in the Help for more information.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.