08-01-2011 08:26 AM - edited 02-05-2014 08:58 AM
There is currently no way to perform a "loud" install in Update mode.
However, you can perform such install if you switch to "Personal" mode by doing the following:
- Write down the SoftPaq(s) you want to install manually.
- Switch to Personal mode (press the "Show This Computer" button).
- Please notice that the "Personal" mode window is different from the "Update" mode window. The SoftPaqs listed on the upper listview are available for download and the ones listed on the lower listview have already been downloaded.
- Select all the SoftPaqs on the upper listview that you want to download.
- Change the download action pull-down list (located to the left of the "Download" button from "Download and Install" to "Download Only".
- Press the Download button.
- Once the download(s) is complete, Right-click on each and select "Install Manually" from the popup menu.
- If there are any problems with the manual installation of any of the SoftPaqs, please contact HP Support at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.h
tml for additional help.
If you want to remove SDM from the "SoftPaq won't install" problem, press the down arrow on the "Explore" button located above the lower listview and select "Download Directory". After, a Windows Explorer window will open to directory where the SoftPaqs have been downloaded, just double-click on the SoftPaq you want to install.