FAQ(19): How do I perform a SoftPaq manual installation in Update mode? (1099 Views)
Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 1 of 2 (1,099 Views)
Accepted Solution

FAQ(19): How do I perform a SoftPaq manual installation in Update mode?

[ Edited ]

In update mode, is there a way to install a SoftPaq manually?

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
louy
Message 2 of 2 (1,085 Views)

Re: FAQ(19): How do I perform a SoftPaq manual installation in Update mode?

[ Edited ]

There is currently no way to perform a "loud" install in Update mode. 

However, you can perform such install if you switch to "Personal" mode by doing the following:

• Write down the SoftPaq(s) you want to install manually.
  • Switch to Personal mode (press the "Show This Computer" button).
  • Please notice that the "Personal" mode window is different from the "Update" mode window. The SoftPaqs listed on the upper listview are available for download and the ones listed on the lower listview have already been downloaded.
  • Select all the SoftPaqs on the upper listview that you want to download.
  • Change the download action pull-down list (located to the left of the "Download" button from "Download and Install" to "Download Only".
  • Press the Download button.
  • Once the download(s) is complete, Right-click on each and select "Install Manually" from the popup menu.
  • If there are any problems with the manual installation of any of the SoftPaqs, please contact HP Support at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html for additional help.

If you want to remove SDM from the "SoftPaq won't install" problem, press the down arrow on the "Explore" button located above the lower listview and select "Download Directory". After, a Windows Explorer window will open to directory where the SoftPaqs have been downloaded, just double-click on the SoftPaq you want to install.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation