system process idles too long - how to reactivate? (6923 Views)
Valued Contributor
wriegels
Message 1 of 5 (6,923 Views)

system process idles too long - how to reactivate?

using sm9.20 since 3 years, recently 2 times it happened, that after a restart of service or reboot the application server

all system processes (agent, linker, change, problem,...) have been started, but do idle and do not restart after 1 minute as normally. Idle time actually is  f.e 3 13:5:34 for all system processes which have been started 3 days before whith threadControllerId-background. Trying to kill these processes (and restarting them after)  is not successful.

We did not recognize this in time, but after two days users complained, that escalated interactions are still in "Open-Idle" Status, that changes and tasks are not synchronizes and, and, and.

The only "solution" we found: Restart the service on the application server (vertical scaling), but this is a bad solution during working hours.

Is there any way, to reactivate these running but idling processes whithout restart the complete service?

what might be the rootcause of this?

Regards

Wilfried

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 2 of 5 (6,919 Views)

Re: system process idles too long - how to reactivate?

you may go to scheduler record and just check what is the status and may set the status as rescheduled .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Valued Contributor
wriegels
Message 3 of 5 (6,900 Views)

Hi Piku,

thanks for quick answer, but it does not help.

about 1000 entries with class "linker", status in nearly most cases scheduled, sometimes rescheduled, sometimes empty.

scheduled class always empty, action time empty.

I tried several combinations: status rescheduled, class linker, scheduled class linker, set expiration and action time to past dates, but nothing helped. There is no process active to process this new scheduled entries.

The process exists, but he idles and do not know any way to reactivate him

I do not dare to restart f.e. linker process via start scheduler. This will result in two linker processes and I do not know how system might handle to processes with the same name. It might be confused and it is a living system with actual 50 active users.

I will restart the service today in the evening.

Regards

Wilfried

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 4 of 5 (6,895 Views)

Ohk,you can start the process from System Status tab from admin user.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
HuyNd249
Message 5 of 5 (42 Views)

Hi,

I got the same issue and it was solved after restarting service. But I would like to verify the cause in order to avoid happenning in future. Any suggestions please?

Thank you!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.