export to text file option issue (410 Views)
Advisor
Message 1 of 4 (410 Views)

export to text file option issue

Hello All,

I am using SM 9.30 on RHEL 5.0 with Oracle 11 as the database. Users complain that they are not able to export the list of tickets from their ToDo list or any other view using web client. I checked using the Windows client and find that I am able to export successfully. When using web client (used different browsers like IE / Firefox / Chrome), I am unable to export the file. But see the message, Your file is exported successfully.

Can you please guide me on this?

Regards,

Chosavarapu.

HP Expert
Message 2 of 4 (365 Views)

Re: export to text file option issue

Hi

Are you getting any error message

I found this discussion not sure if this is the same issue

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Service-Manager-7-01-Export-to-Excel-error/t...

Lisa

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Advisor
Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

Hello Lisa,

Thank you very much for your support.

I do not see any error except for the normal msg on the top of page in messages section of the screen. The message reads "Your file has been successfully exported".

I am looking for the Export as a Text File option. I do not see the export to excel in web interface and am not bothered as I already informed my users that excel option will not be available in web interface.

Please let me know if you have more updates on this issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Chosavarapu.

HP Expert
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)

Hi

Choose from the options list not export to excel but export to text file

In the file name specify the .xls and export data to that file

As a result you can get your data in the excel.

See if this works

Thanks

Lisa

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.