Re: cm3t record getting locked (509 Views)
Respected Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (536 Views)
Accepted Solution

cm3t record getting locked

Hello,

I am having a query regarding one of the issue,

here, I am seeing that parent.change is having 2 tasks. I go and open a task associated to the change and another operator logs in and selects the second task associated to the same change . He is prompted with the message, the record is locked by another user .

Is this behavior, because both the users trying to access the cm3t record from the same parent change ?. The users have selected individual records in a different file and why this behavior ?.

The object record of cm3t says, the locking is done on the record and the parent change also . Has an1 faced this before ?. Please guide.

THank you

dev.

I am Listening..
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (535 Views)

Re: cm3t record getting locked

This is defined in the cm3t Object record (Locking tab -> Lock parent record).

In an OOB system, a lock against a Task record also generates a lock against the Parent Change. When the second user tries to lock the Task it fails because it can't obtain the Parent Change lock.

Respected Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (511 Views)

Hello m -

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I understand that the parent change gets locked when one of the user selects the task related to the change. But here, what is happening is

there are 2 tasks, T1 and T2 to a parent Change C1. When one of hte user selects T1 , and some other user tries to select the T2 tasks, it says the record is locked . THis is what we are seeing.

Any thoughts on this ?.

THank you

Dev.

-m- wrote:

This is defined in the cm3t Object record (Locking tab -> Lock parent record).

In an OOB system, a lock against a Task record also generates a lock against the Parent Change. When the second user tries to lock the Task it fails because it can't obtain the Parent Change lock.

I am Listening..
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]

In order to modify a module record, the user has to be able to establish a lock. If User 1 locks C12345, then User 2 would be unable to modify that record because the lock attempt would fail. In this example, there is only one lock for the work-flow to check.

When Parent Locking is enabled, two locks are created when a user modifies a child record. If User 1 locks T1, then it will also lock C1. There will actually be two locks in System Status: cm3t;T1 and cm3r;C1.

When User 2 attempts to lock T2, it will fail because the Parent Change is locked. By design, the lock workflow prevents User 2 from modifying T2 because it can't establish both locks (cm3t;T2 and cm3r;C1).

Note: If the lock attempt occurs when accessing/displaying the Tasks, then this implies that Lock on Display evaluates to true (also found in the cm3t Object record but not enabled OOB).

Respected Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (504 Views)

Thank you very much m for the clarification.
I am Listening..
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.