Re: cm3t record getting locked (317 Views)
Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 1 of 5 (344 Views)
Accepted Solution

cm3t record getting locked

Hello,

I am having a query regarding one of the issue,

here, I am seeing that parent.change is having 2 tasks. I go and open a task associated to the change and another operator logs in and selects the second task associated to the same change . He is prompted with the message, the record is locked by another user .

Is this behavior, because both the users trying to access the cm3t record from the same parent change ?. The users have selected individual records in a different file and why this behavior ?.

The object record of cm3t says, the locking is done on the record and the parent change also . Has an1 faced this before ?. Please guide.

THank you

dev.

I am Listening..
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
-m-
Message 2 of 5 (343 Views)

Re: cm3t record getting locked

This is defined in the cm3t Object record (Locking tab -> Lock parent record).

In an OOB system, a lock against a Task record also generates a lock against the Parent Change. When the second user tries to lock the Task it fails because it can't obtain the Parent Change lock.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 3 of 5 (319 Views)

Hello m -

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I understand that the parent change gets locked when one of the user selects the task related to the change. But here, what is happening is

there are 2 tasks, T1 and T2 to a parent Change C1. When one of hte user selects T1 , and some other user tries to select the T2 tasks, it says the record is locked . THis is what we are seeing.

Any thoughts on this ?.

THank you

Dev.

-m- wrote:

This is defined in the cm3t Object record (Locking tab -> Lock parent record).

In an OOB system, a lock against a Task record also generates a lock against the Parent Change. When the second user tries to lock the Task it fails because it can't obtain the Parent Change lock.

I am Listening..
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
-m-
Message 4 of 5 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]

In order to modify a module record, the user has to be able to establish a lock. If User 1 locks C12345, then User 2 would be unable to modify that record because the lock attempt would fail. In this example, there is only one lock for the work-flow to check.

When Parent Locking is enabled, two locks are created when a user modifies a child record. If User 1 locks T1, then it will also lock C1. There will actually be two locks in System Status: cm3t;T1 and cm3r;C1.

When User 2 attempts to lock T2, it will fail because the Parent Change is locked. By design, the lock workflow prevents User 2 from modifying T2 because it can't establish both locks (cm3t;T2 and cm3r;C1).

Note: If the lock attempt occurs when accessing/displaying the Tasks, then this implies that Lock on Display evaluates to true (also found in the cm3t Object record but not enabled OOB).

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 5 of 5 (312 Views)

Thank you very much m for the clarification.
I am Listening..
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation