Re: cannot evaluate expression(us.notify,decide.msg.cond) on IM update (364 Views)
Valued Contributor
tomkool007
Message 1 of 7 (407 Views)
Accepted Solution

cannot evaluate expression(us.notify,decide.msg.cond) on IM update

Hello Expert!!

Error IM saving.JPG
I am getting this error whenever i try to update an incident. does anyone know what can be causing it? is it related to a notification? us.notify? or is it something else?

Best Regards,
Tom
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 2 of 7 (399 Views)

Re: cannot evaluate expression(us.notify,decide.msg.cond) on IM update

Hi,

It is clearly saying that you have some syntax error in one of the notification calling while updating incident.
So check the error if there is some name or clue for the notification mentioned, otherwise list you all notification triggers at time of update of incident and check the conditions.
If it has started appearing recently then review your change made to notifications done recently.

hth,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Respected Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 3 of 7 (394 Views)

Quickest way to test if it's related to notifications is to set all IM Update -type of notifications to false. Save IM ticket again and see if there's still an error? If error messages cease, go through the IM Update notification arguments one by one. It may require additional round of putting false into single notification line conditions to narrow down the error maker.

Valued Contributor
tomkool007
Message 4 of 7 (386 Views)

Thanks for your Quick reply...

I have tired all the condition make it false, Still I am getting the same error message, I am posting IM update notification IM update.JPG

Best Regards,
Tom
Respected Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 5 of 7 (378 Views)

I don't know does it make any difference, but in the last notification line you use variable $file in condition, all other preceding notification lines seem to use $L.file. Anyway, try to fix those first and make a new test.
Valued Contributor
tomkool007
Message 6 of 7 (370 Views)

Thanks Kelal!!!!!

Yes last condition it should take $L.file variable.Now its working fine.
Best Regards,
Tom
Respected Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 7 of 7 (364 Views)

Thanks, would you assign some point as well?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.