Where can i find sendstatus field in oracle which part of eventout table in HPSM (407 Views)
Regular Advisor
K K V
Message 1 of 9 (407 Views)

Where can i find sendstatus field in oracle which part of eventout table in HPSM

Hi,

I need to query SM database in oracle to get those email records from eventout where sendstatus=false. I see that oracle ta ble is eventoutm1. But this table only shows 4 fields and sendstatus is not one of them.

Which table can i find sendstatus field in oracle, which is actually part of eventout table in HPSM?

Thanks,

KK

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DimitarPeychev
Message 2 of 9 (362 Views)

Re: Where can i find sendstatus field in oracle which part of eventout table in HPSM

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have checked. I think that you might be looking for the wrong field. The correct one should be evstatus.

At least this is the field in OOB system.

I've checked it on 9.33OOB  system.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting :)
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 3 of 9 (356 Views)

Re: Where can i find sendstatus field in oracle which part of eventout table in HPSM

Hi KK,

In SM there are fields in table which are not mapped to back-end DB table, you can see and edit these field only from SM application side.
Do not know the reason for this type of architecture but it is so and you can not check from DB.

hth,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DimitarPeychev
Message 4 of 9 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

if this is the case as Piku mentioned .... then I would say that the way to query such field not mapped to the back-end DB is to

use SM DB Manager

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting :)
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
K K V
Message 5 of 9 (326 Views)

Dear Dimitar, Piku

Thanks for responding and sorry for delay in my reply. The field is sendstatus and you can see that as last fields in dbdict of eventout. I would like to know the table in Oracle where its stored.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Audrey H.
Message 6 of 9 (324 Views)

Hi,

OOB the eventout table is configured as a SQL System Table and for tables identified as SQL System Tables (sqlsystemtables), all non-key fields are part of the Descriptor "IMAGE" in the database.  Usually there is a reason that a table is configured as a SQL System Table, so I don't usually change them, but perhaps HP or other on this forum may have thoughts on this.

I seem to recall once adding a key containing the field I wanted to view the contents of to the dbdict of a file configured as a SQL System Table, which makes it available, but once again, HP, or others on this forum may be able to offer their recommendations regarding this "workaround".  Regardless, I would be careful making modifications and test thoroughly in a non-Prod environment.

Audrey

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
K K V
Message 7 of 9 (303 Views)

Hi Audrey,

I am not intending to make any changes to dbdict or SQL tables. All I need is to query the SM table in oracle which contains "sendstatus" field. Based on this query result in oracle I wish to perform some action.

Thus the name of table in oracle which contains this field is all I need.

Thanks,

KK

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Audrey H.
Message 8 of 9 (294 Views)

Hi,

I don't see "sendstatus" in any OOB dbdict in SM9.  Is it possible this is a custom field someone at your company added?  If you see "sendstatus" as the last field in the eventout dbdict, then that is the table in oracle where it would normally be visible.  OOB all fields in the eventout dbdict other than the sysmod fields start with "ev" and since the eventout can contain event records other than those associated with emails, I believe the OOB field that indicates if the event has been processed is "evstatus".

If sendstatus only exists in the eventout dbdict and the eventout file is still a SQL System Table, like it is OOB, then you will not see this column, or it's contents in the backend database.  The content of all fields you can't see in the backend database will exist in the descriptor though and will be accessible through the Service Manager application.

Audrey

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
K K V
Message 9 of 9 (284 Views)

Hi Audrey,

I see sendstatus as last field in eventout dbdict. I am unable to attach screenshot in png or zip format.

I notice that there are few tables in SM which are actually split as many tables in Oracle but all those table names get specified in SM. But its not the case in eventout.

In SM I can see the table as eventout and note that its called eventoutm1 in oracle. But when I check in orcale eventoutm1 gives only 4 fields out about 15-20 actual fields in eventout. So which table in oracle do I find other fields? There must be some place where these other fields are stored.

Regards,

KK

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation