What causes this error from the text import wizard? (560 Views)
Trusted Contributor
lwvirden
Message 1 of 3 (560 Views)
Accepted Solution

What causes this error from the text import wizard?

I'm new to HPSM and I'm trying to import some configuration items into HPSM 7.11 . The first group of items went in pretty well. The next group of devices looks, to me, very similar to the previous file. Some of the input  columns are in a different order, but in general, it is very similar.

When I run the import, I get the following messages:

Unrecoverable error in application:  file.import.new on panel add

Unrecoverable error in application:  file.import.new.wizard on panel run.import

file: (device) key: (logical.name=PC0005) (file.import.new,add)

Insert cancelled by trigger (file.import.new,add)

How can I determine what specifically the wizard is trying to tell me?

Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 2 of 3 (560 Views)

Re: What causes this error from the text import wizard?

Check the format data in which you are entering data. Check that file doesn't contain Tabs and Enters which will cause some fields empty filling and all data shift from column to column. Generally the main problems which I faced on import it was incorrect format of the input in the excel.

Trusted Contributor
lwvirden
Message 3 of 3 (560 Views)

Re: What causes this error from the text import wizard?

Thanks for the suggestion. It appears the cause is something stranger than format data. I was working on importing serveral files. I had successfully imported one file, because the import of a second file, and it failed. After struggling several times, a co-worker suggested sutting all the Service Manager tabs and starting anew. When I did that, the import worked. I picked up a third file to being, ran into the same problem, and tried the "trick" of closing out all the tabs and starting anew, and again, the import worked.

It is a strange solution, but at least one that worked for me.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.