Urgent!!! parameters required (181 Views)
Regular Advisor
mamatha26
Message 1 of 6 (181 Views)

Urgent!!! parameters required

Hi Experts,

1 when i close the browser instead of cliccking logg off from SM  does it free's the License ? i mean wether the license is released by closing the browser instead of logoff?

2. where is the idle time calculated for users, i mean i login as "abc" user and will be idle without doing any activities . when does this session (abc)logged out, which i can see from system status .    where is this time  configured in SM?

Regards
mamatha

Valued Contributor
Kvark
Message 2 of 6 (165 Views)

Re: Urgent!!! parameters required

Hi,
regarding 1. I am not sure, but look like no, you can try to login several times and close browser once got warning that out of licences, in that case you should wait for idle time and they will be terminated by server, or you can connect with adm acc and kill that sessions.
Regarding 2. Using Windows client, navigate to: System Administration > Ongoing maintenance > System > Start Inactivity timer

look like it's that you are looking for.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
In wine wisdom!
In the beer force!
In water, the microbes...
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 3 of 6 (157 Views)

Hello,

1 - One and the same user (eve if his other session hanged) wont use more then 1 license.

2 - You got the answer in the post before.

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 4 of 6 (150 Views)

Hi,

Both of above stated the answer just adding in case of web client, below is also counted.
--
You have two heartbeats: Between sm server and web tier (refer to web.xml parameter "session-timeout"), and between web tier and the browser (refer to sm.ini parameter "sessiontimeout).

When a user exits their browser (by File>Exit or hitting X to close browser app) and does not gracefully log out of the Web Client, the heartbeat is still alive between the Web Client and SM. Since the browser has exited without gracefully logging out of SM, the Web Client will wait for the value specified in <session-timeout> before sending SM server a request to end the user's session. Once the <session-timeout> value is reached, it causes the Web Client to timeout the user and begin clean up of it's allocated resources including any heartbeat objects that might have accumulated in the JVM.

hth,
Message 5 of 6 (141 Views)

Hi All,

What is the difference between

idle time out and session time out

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 6 of 6 (139 Views)

Idle time -- time for which user is idle , did nothing on application in terms of actions. User will auto logged out after specified idle time.
session time out- time for which session will be expire in case user is idle. it used to be case when session remains hang in system and user actually exited from system.

idle time should be less than session time.

htht