Re: Upgrading Service Manager 9.30 to 9.34 via patch... what are the installation steps (1379 Views)
Occasional Contributor
aaronmagi
Message 1 of 5 (1,417 Views)

Upgrading Service Manager 9.30 to 9.34 via patch... what are the installation steps

[ Edited ]

I have found the Server and Client patch (shown below).  Are these patches inclusive of 9.31,32,33?  When I click on installation notes for the server patch it takes you to the top patch page but does not include any notes on applying the patch.

"2. For detailed installation instructions, see the Service 

Manager 9.3x Release Notes master document (KM00705452)."

There are no detailed instructions in KM00705452 that I can find.

What are the steps required to install the 9.34 patch on 9.30. 

Do I just unzip the server patch and apply the files directly to the SM server directory?  Is there any post patch steps which need to be preformed to get it running after?  

We are doing this on a fresh 9.30 instance so there is no custom configurations.

HPSM_00574
SM 9.34 Windows Server 9.34.0032

HPSM_00576
SM 9.34 Windows Client 9.34.0032

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00705452

Please let me know and thank you for any help in advance,

Aaron

Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 2 of 5 (1,379 Views)

Re: Upgrading Service Manager 9.30 to 9.34 via patch... what are the installation steps

The instructions to update the Server RTE, Windows client, and web tier are all in the Release Notes for 9.34. You do not need to apply the intermediate patches.

Note that there is a separate process to update the SM Application Layer to 9.34 which requires that you use Applications Patch Manager. While you can update the clients and RTE without updating the applications to 9.34, some benefits of the 9.34 release require the 9.34 applications. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Occasional Visitor
atrebounskikh
Message 3 of 5 (1,140 Views)

Re: Upgrading Service Manager 9.30 to 9.34 via patch... what are the installation steps

Thanks, John. Could you provide a little bit more details re: upgrading the application layer from 9.30 to 9.34?

This is what I have:

application-9.34.0032-patchrel.msi

application-9.34.0032-patchrel.zip

and this

applications-9.34.0032-UP.zip

What do I do with them now? I tried running the MSI and leaving every value default, is there anything else? Because that just seem to do nothing - the version number for the application is still shown as 9.30. 

I already have Server and Client upgraded to 9.34.

P.S. It's my first time working HP SM. Help! 

Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 4 of 5 (1,132 Views)

The 9.34 release notes explain how to update the Server RTE and Web Tier components.

The Application Patch Manager guide explains how to upgrade the applications layer.

The Applications Content Guide explains any special steps related to optional content packs (e.g Process Designer).

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 5 of 5 (1,100 Views)

Follow John and guides attached.
You have to use Application patch manager(APM) to upgrade from SM9.3x to SM9.34.
To upgrade from the 6.2, 7.11, or 9.21 applications, use the Service Manager 9.34 Upgrade Utility.

Execute’.msi’ file it will unzip the corresponding folder and then you have to upload one file rest will take care by SM.

Do not move this directory between completion of above steps.
Finally have to resolve conflicted objects and build custom upgrade.

Second file *UP.zip should be upgrade utility which in your case not required.

Regards,