Trying to understand HP SM 7.11 alert message operation (325 Views)
Trusted Contributor
lwvirden
Message 1 of 3 (325 Views)

Trying to understand HP SM 7.11 alert message operation

I am attempting to figure out how alert level messaging works. I have added email messages to the IM Alert Action notification definition record.

I open an incident ticket.

It has been open now for at least 5 hours.

By this time, I would think that alert level 1 at least should have been reached. However, I see no email messages.

I am trying to figure out what needs to be present in an incident ticket for the alert stages to be triggered.  Right now, it looks, to me, as if 5 percent or so records have been sitting for days without an alert level status being triggered. And for the ones where it has been triggered, I've seen no emails.

Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 2 of 3 (325 Views)

Re: Trying to understand HP SM 7.11 alert message operation

Check the SLO record which is used by this record. In the SLo record there must be defined alerts  in the bottom of the screen. Slo records can be found in the SLM configuration part Service level agreements - Service Catalog. The part in which are set alets is called Notification or Alerts (i have a russian system so not sure in english case). There you will define Alerts to be send at 50% before Deadline 25 % and on Deadline.

Trusted Contributor
tprovin
Message 3 of 3 (325 Views)

Re: Trying to understand HP SM 7.11 alert message operation

You are going to want to look at the Document Engine - Object Definition record for probsummary.  There is an "Alerts" tab there that gives you the basics on how Incident alerts work.  I believe by default it is set to Category which means that the alerts are based on the Incident Management Categories.  Best part is that OOB they don't really have much to go on for examples. 

Hope this helps,

Tim

Thanks,

Tim
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.