Transaction Management for several queries? (297 Views)
Advisor
Tutino
Message 1 of 4 (297 Views)
Accepted Solution

Transaction Management for several queries?

Hello everyone,                         

Does anybody knows if with SM 7.02, I have any transaction management  which I could use with javascript? I have an script which executes several queries, and I want to know if can rollback the executed queries, if an error occurs.

Best regards,

Agustin

Honored Contributor
-m-
Message 2 of 4 (290 Views)

Re: Transaction Management for several queries?

I'm not aware of a feature within SM which allows performing a rollback on the RDBMS. What would be the benefit of rolling back a query? Ideally, the JavaScript would be coded to verify the queries are properly formed.

Advisor
Tutino
Message 3 of 4 (287 Views)

The benefit of a transaction management system, for example, I have an script which executes four queries for each record proccesed. What I need is to rollback the executed query N°1 and N°2, if the execution of query N°3 presents an error. 
I never heard about this functionality with SM, but maybe someone could suprise me. 
Best regards,Agustin

Honored Contributor
-m-
Message 4 of 4 (280 Views)

I understand the potential benefits of rolling back an INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE transaction. What would be gained by rolling back a SELECT statement?

From a SM perspective, the custom solution should be designed so the query is properly formed. The RAD work-flow in SM will take different exits based on the result of a query. The "select" panel has exits for 0 records matched, 1 record matched, and more than 1 record matched. If a query generates an error, the work-flow will take the error exit.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.