Re: Steps to prepare Oracle DB for SM 9.30 fresh installation (237 Views)
Frequent Advisor
redorchid008
Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)

Steps to prepare Oracle DB for SM 9.30 fresh installation

Hi Experts,
I am going to implement hpsm 9.30. My client is currently using Oracle DB. Could you pls guide How can I go ahead with Oracle?
Please give your valuable input for the same.
Pls help as it's very urgent for me.

Regards,
Avi
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)

Re: Steps to prepare Oracle DB for SM 9.30 fresh installation

Complete instructions for preparation of an Oracle database for SM are included in the interactive installation guide.

That guide is embedded with the SM Help included with the SM ISO download for the SM install. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 3 of 3 (237 Views)

Re: Steps to prepare Oracle DB for SM 9.30 fresh installation

Hi Avi,

As John suggested you should follow the SM installation guide, it has all the stuff you will need.

Important point is you have to use the 32 bit library of oracle client as SM only supports these. Although you might need to install oracle 64 bit on server (as now days all machines are 64 bit)
To link and change the library you will get all steps in guide.

If use the remote db serevr then have to change the tnsnames.ora on sm server to accommodate the port and service name of oracle db.
On db server you have to open the port to listen from outside client using sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora
This will be completed by DBA and easy.

Hth,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.