Setting up Priority for Service Catalog Requests : Change / Quote (419 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Message 1 of 6 (419 Views)

Setting up Priority for Service Catalog Requests : Change / Quote

Experts,

Couple of doubts regarding HP SM Service Catalog implementation.  While setting up the catalog item, how will I set the priority of that request.

1) If I am looking at a catalog item, where the connector getting configured is a 'change' (Process = cm.open.save ) . The user will have the option to select the 'urgency' of the request, but how dO i calculate the priority of the request.

Incase, if I am getting catalog items with multiple priorities needs to set, how do I map the priority value ?

Please guide.

Thank you

dev

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (416 Views)

Re: Setting up Priority for Service Catalog Requests : Change / Quote

Hello,

Priority is calculated based on Impact and Urgency, so as you set them in the connector to something, Priority will be calculated automatically.

In case if you are requesting multiple items - each for them will generate separate record based on their personal connector settings and Priority will be calculated as i wrote in the start of the thread. So even if you want to  set personal priority for each requested item, it is done OOB.

Frequent Advisor
Message 3 of 6 (405 Views)

Thank you for the reply Vadim.

The urgency is user selectable (rite?)  and the impact is something which I need to hardcode in the connector (?).

So incase of multiple priority based catalog items are coming, then I need to specify different connectors ?. Else how do I set priority for different catalog items ?.

Alittle confused.

Please guide.

Thank you

dev

Frequent Advisor
Message 4 of 6 (384 Views)

Experts,

Please guide me with the below.

1) Where do I hardcode the impact for the Service Catalog Requests ? Is it getting set OOB to anything default ?

2)If I have some catalog requests, which is opened by VIP users, whcih should always be treated as P1, then how do I build it ?

Please guide.

Thank you

dev

Honored Contributor
Message 5 of 6 (367 Views)

Hello,

I don't remeber it by heart. but you must be right. Urgency is user selectable when he is submitting a request. Impact is configured by you when you are setting the connector for the item.

In case of different Priority you dont have to specify different connectors. When you assign connector to the item, you have to pass through wizard which makes you to fill out some fields for each catalog item. So you can use one and the same connector but just specify different values for different items in the configuration wizard.

Honored Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (364 Views)

Regarding Vip users - no fc or other logic functionality is working above the Service Catalog itself, but at the moment of the Request submission format control for the dedicated form and incidents master format is activated.

As a result you can tailor there setting of Urgency to  1 by the default if the requester is a Vip user. You obviously will have to pull VIP indicator to the current record based on fc query (if you have not done it already). But if you have tailored Impact in the connector to something other then 1 you wont get the priority of 1 in the target record. Most probably you will have to tailor setting of both Urgency and Impact to 1 in the fc if the user is Vip

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.