Re: Service Request Manager timezones (205 Views)
Occasional Contributor
CA12345
Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)

Service Request Manager timezones

[ Edited ]

How can I change the timezone setting for tickets that I submit to HP's service request manager?  Basically, all of my ticket's timestamps are displayed in some other timezone.  I have gone through my profile settings, but am not finding an option.

P.S.This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to HP Service Manager / Service Center Support and News Forum-HP Forums Moderator

Valued Contributor
SteveO_1
Message 2 of 3 (237 Views)

Re: Service Request Manager timezones

The time zone settings are set in the operator record. This means that any update that you make will have your time zone applied to the UTC time. The same is true of any other operator that makes a change, and background processes are governed by the time zone set for the system in the system information record.

If you are seeing other operators update your requests, then the timestamps you are seeing are timestamps for the time zone of the operator making the update.

If the UTC time on the server ios set incorrectly, this can skew the timestamps, as this is the base time that is used within Service Manager, it applies an offest to the system hardware time.
Occasional Contributor
CA12345
Message 3 of 3 (205 Views)

Re: Service Request Manager timezones

Ok, I think I didn't explain correctly.  When I have a HP software issue, I go to the HP's  Service Request manager webpage.  Basically, HP's request system to submit software support requests.  I didn't realize that they named their software support system the same as one of their products.  So when logged in and the title for the servie request page says, "Service Request Manager powered by Service Manager".  That's nice and confusing...  So whenever I submit a ticket or upate the comments, the time is always off, and there is no identifier as to what timezone it was posted under.  

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.