Service Manager client on linux with wine/crossover (891 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Justin Parrott
Message 1 of 7 (891 Views)

Service Manager client on linux with wine/crossover

Has any had any luck in installing the Service Manager/Center client under Linux using wine or crossover? My company is starting to support Linux on desktops/laptops and I am testing all of our applications, Service Manager is one of them. I also happen to be the Service Manager admin here too. Thanks.
Honored Contributor
Err_1
Message 2 of 7 (891 Views)

Re: Service Manager client on linux with wine/crossover

Hi,

You can use the WebClient in your Linux PCs, it has the same features as the Windows Client.

All your users will need is a Firefox browser.

Regards;
Frequent Advisor
JWRobertson
Message 3 of 7 (891 Views)

The windows client does support more features than the web client, however. You do development in the windows client so his question is a valid one. I personally have not attempted this, but it should work. We are also looking at Linux desktops/laptops so this would be interesting if it works.

Then again, I am surprised HP does not provide a more implementation agnostic development client. Eclipse runs on Linux natively.
Frequent Advisor
Justin Parrott
Message 4 of 7 (891 Views)

I actually got this working. The installer wouldn't work because the installshield wizard was blank but if you install it on windows first, and then copy over your program files/HP directory to your drive_c crossover bottle or wine windows directory it will load just fine.
Honored Contributor
Abhijit K
Message 5 of 7 (891 Views)

Hi Justin,

We are running windows client through wine on linux machine and its working fine with sm server which is installed on windows machine.

version 9.20.

Regards,
abhijit
Frequent Advisor
Justin Parrott
Message 6 of 7 (891 Views)

Thanks for the info! I was able to get it to work as well through wine/crossover but the installer wouldn't work. Did you have problems with the installer? It may use a different installer than 7.11 which is what version we are on. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Arguedas
Message 7 of 7 (598 Views)

Hi guys,

Any tip?

I am able to bring the client up, reach the instanse (server) and put my credentials. If I enter wrong credentials I actually get the "wrong user/password" message, but if I use my valid accoount the client just hangs and dont download the information (queues, tickets, rfcs, etc...)

I am using wine 1.4 and SMHP client 9.30.524.

Certificates are properly mapped.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.