Re: Service Manager LDAP Authentication (1147 Views)
Frequent Advisor
ibrahim_aly
Message 1 of 10 (1,823 Views)
Accepted Solution

Service Manager LDAP Authentication

Dear Gents,

I have one question regarding LDAP authentication for Service Manager. My environment contains four DCs (domain controllers), one Parent and three Childs. I’m using SM LDAP Mapping to authenticate users while login to SM but I’m not able to authenticate all users for all DCs. I have already filled the LDAP mapping main page with the IP of the parent DC and the path of the base directory as well but unfortunately, only users of the parent DC were authenticated while users of other DCs are still not able to have authenticated login.

Please advise if it is possible to authenticate users of more than on DC using SM internal LDAP Mapping or if there is another way to define more than one DC in the LDAP mapping parameters in the main page.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ibrahim Aly

Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 2 of 10 (1,801 Views)

Re: Service Manager LDAP Authentication

Quick check:

1.  Had you checked "SM Unique Key contained in the LDAP DN" in operator/contacts file mapping(db->scldapconfig->search->click on Set field/File level mapping->give contacts/operator->search)

2. Whether sm.ini parameter "ldapsearchscope" is set to 0 or to 1?

Regular Advisor
John_Baker
Message 3 of 10 (1,783 Views)

If you install SSO Plugin, an HP approved product for SM, you can forget all about integrating with an LDAP.

John

Trusted Contributor
tprovin
Message 4 of 10 (1,770 Views)

What port are you using for LDAP?
Thanks,

Tim
Frequent Advisor
ibrahim_aly
Message 5 of 10 (1,737 Views)

ldap mapping has been configured for only operator where the mapping is as follows:

mail --> email

full.name --> displayName

name --> sAMAccountName

Also, for the ldapsearchscope parameter in the sm.ini file, it has been set to "0".

Please note that i have successfully authenticated users of a single domain, i only need to know how to authenticate other domains as well.

thanks.

Frequent Advisor
ibrahim_aly
Message 6 of 10 (1,736 Views)

Any idea from where can i download this HP SSO Plugin .. ?
Frequent Advisor
ibrahim_aly
Message 7 of 10 (1,736 Views)

I'm using the 389 LDAP default Port

Trusted Contributor
tprovin
Message 8 of 10 (1,728 Views)

If your primary LDAP server is a Global Catalog server, try using that instead of the default LDAP port. Global Catalog queries are directed to port 3268, which explicitly indicates that Global Catalog semantics are required. By default, ordinary LDAP searches are received through port 389. If you bind to port 389, even if you bind to a Global Catalog server, your search includes a single domain directory partition. If you bind to port 3268, your search includes all directory partitions in the forest.
Thanks,

Tim
Frequent Advisor
ibrahim_aly
Message 9 of 10 (1,703 Views)

Thanks tprovin, this solved my issue
Frequent Advisor
Hptoolsconfigur
Message 10 of 10 (1,147 Views)

Hi,

I need to intregrate Sm with LDAP. Could you please help me in that?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.