Re: Service Catalog questions/issues (368 Views)
Esteemed Contributor
Leon_Van_Dongen
Message 1 of 6 (445 Views)

Service Catalog questions/issues

I'm working on implementing the Service Catalog and have a few questions/issues I thought I'd throw in the one post.

If I have approvals on Line Items and log a request with two line items in one interaction, two approvals get generated.  If one of these approvals is denied, the interaction approval status gets set to denied and the request doesn't go any further. I would have though the approved request would still get escalated to a request and actioned as per normal.  Any thoughts on this?

I'm having an issue with images not showing up in the SRC 1.40 catalog.  They work fine in the GUI client via 'Order from Catalog', just not in the SRC. I just see a blank placeholder image.   I couldn't find anything on the KB about this.  Has anyone seen this before?  

SM version is 9.31 (latest).  

Esteemed Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 2 of 6 (422 Views)

Re: Service Catalog questions/issues

About images. There is at least one KB article about this, KM00234744, "SM 9.31: Catalog Images are not displayed on SRC". But at least for me the workaround provided in that article didn't work, so I don't have high hopes about your case, either.

Esteemed Contributor
Leon_Van_Dongen
Message 3 of 6 (395 Views)

Well, I finaly fixed my images not displaying issue.  

The logs pointed to a datatype mismatch, which goes back to an issue with the ID field coming up as a character, rather than a number.

5296(  1908) 04/08/2013 10:00:10  RTE E Data type mismatch: id  joinsvcDisplay : dbdict 1 field 2  value:'11'

I edited the extaccess for the Object Name 'Attachment' (Service Name: ServiceCatalogAPI) and changed the field id type to 'FloatType' (it was null).  Cleared the cache and restarted Tomcat and I now have images!

Hopefully this helps someone else who has this issue.

Esteemed Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 4 of 6 (380 Views)

Thanks, Leon for a tip - sorry I can't give you kudos...

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 6 (368 Views)

>Thanks, Leon for a tip - sorry I can't give you kudos.

You can give anyone kudos.

Esteemed Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 6 of 6 (360 Views)

Thanks Dennis, you're right - kudos to you, also :)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.