Re: Send notificati​on when changes are approved (430 Views)
Regular Advisor
Gretar_Palsson
Message 1 of 7 (461 Views)
Accepted Solution

Send notificati​on when changes are approved

Hi

I have been trying to customize the notification settings to send initiator and coordinator email when changes are approved but without success.  I have enabled "ChM Change Approval" with true condition and "ChM Change Update" with approval.status="approved" condition but no emails are sent.  How can I configure the notifications to send emails for approved changes?

regards

Gretar

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
James Herold
Message 2 of 7 (454 Views)

Re: Send notificati​on when changes are approved

In my notification, ChM Change Approval, I check the current.pending.groups array...

Condition: lng(denull(current.pending.groups in $L.file))=0

I'll send an email to the assigned.to and the coordinator.

That way it sends the email out when all the approvals have been done.

Befor all the changes are done, in the same notification, I do the following:

Condition: lng(current.pending.groups in $L.file)>0

Recipient: current.pending.groups in $L.file

Group File: cm3groups

Group Area: All

Subgroup: approvers

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
lss123
Message 3 of 7 (453 Views)

I was able to do this using the notification with the ID of ChM Change Update_2.  Check the condition on the notification itself, check the condition on the individual notification line, and check that you're not the initiator and coordinator (I know that sometimes notifications won't go out if you're the one taking the action).

I've attached a screenshot of my notification configuration.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Gretar_Palsson
Message 4 of 7 (440 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your comments :)

The misstake I did was to have my operator id as the receipient of the notification for testing.  After I changed it to coordinator in $L.file for either my operator or other it worked.  I used the notification "ChM Change Update_2" for this and set same condition as you.

Thanks for you help

regards

Gretar

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 5 of 7 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]

Actually, the best practice method for this is to use the ChM Change Final Approval notification definition. 

This notification record is called once the aprpoval.status of the change is set to "approved".

ChM Change Final Denial -- notification definition called when the approval.status of the change is set to "denied"

ChM Change Approval -- called when any approval occurs, even if additional approvals are pending.

ChM Change Denial -- called when any Denial occurs, even if status is still pending.

If you look at the cm3r Object record, approvals tab, you can see where these are defined.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Gretar_Palsson
Message 6 of 7 (410 Views)

Thanks for you info. I wasn't aware of the events which triggers these notifications.  I have tried the notification ChM Change Final Approval with condition true and it works for changes being approved.

Thanks very much for your help :)

regards

Gretar

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
lss123
Message 7 of 7 (399 Views)

Thanks for the info John.  Would you happen to know where I could find a true list of the OOB notifications that are turned on when I first install the product?  That's a very common question I get from clients.  I've looked in the HP help server documentation, but it doesn't seem complete.  For example, it doesn't have the final denial and final approval definitions you listed.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation