Re: SSL with 3rd Party Certificate Authority (193 Views)
Trusted Contributor
dpetrich
Message 1 of 3 (372 Views)
Accepted Solution

SSL with 3rd Party Certificate Authority

Has anyone been able to use a 3rd party Certificate Authority when setting up SSL with Service Manager?  I can get the self-signed certificate setup to work, however my company does not want this type of security cert in their environment deeming it 'insecure'.  HP support was unable to give me instructions on using 3rd party CA and I haven't found any posts in this forum regarding it. I tried to follow the self-signed CA instructions & just leave out the part where you create the generic CA & import it into the truststore, but that did not work. I admit to not having much knowledge in this space, so any hints would be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
dpetrich
Message 2 of 3 (357 Views)

Re: SSL with 3rd Party Certificate Authority

Of course as soon as I post this, I figure out the issue.  I needed to import the signed certificate with the same alias that i gave the keystore when initially generating the key pairs (and i also needed to import the root certificate first, then the signed cert).  Everything is working just fine now.  Posting this in case anyone runs into any issues w/ setting up certs with 3rd party CA

Advisor
Sunil4050
Message 3 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: SSL with 3rd Party Certificate Authority

Hello,

Do you have any detailed steps on how to import externally purchased certificate? Do you want is the name of the certificate that you have ordered. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.