Re: SRC 9.21 - Performance Problems when deployed with SM Web Tier (134 Views)
Trusted Contributor
warrenf
Message 1 of 4 (169 Views)

SRC 9.21 - Performance Problems when deployed with SM Web Tier

Greetings All,

Has anyone out there experienced problems with Tomcat when the 9.21 SRC is deployed in the same Tomcat instance as the SM Web Tier?

We have been experiencing Tomcat crashing/stalling/freezing (call it whatever you like) - which is very unusual as Tomcat is quite stable. The only difference is in this particular instance the SRC is deployed with SM web tier which we don't normally have.

TIA

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
John_Baker
Message 2 of 4 (157 Views)

Re: SRC 9.21 - Performance Problems when deployed with SM Web Tier

I run the two together, but only for testing. I have noticed that SRC puts a considerable load on the system when it's started (possibly caching data from SM), and hence uses a lot of memory. Try providing more memory to Tomcat.

John

--

SSO Plugin for HP Service Manager and Request Center

http://www.ssoforservicemanager.com

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
warrenf
Message 3 of 4 (149 Views)

Thanks John.

We have capped the JVM to max and min 1024MB as when it gets bigger it crashes. Thanks for your experience though.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
John_Baker
Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try running them separately. If one application is at fault, I'd expect that Tomcat to fail. It would be unusual for two separate applications to crash a Tomcat instance (given enough memory) when run together, but not when run separately.

John

--

SSO Plugin for HP Service Manager and Request Catalog

http://www.ssoforservicemanager.com

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation