SMS Alerts from HPSM using a Batch Script (1425 Views)
Valued Contributor
bharad
Message 1 of 7 (1,425 Views)

SMS Alerts from HPSM using a Batch Script

people, I need help in configuring SMS alerts in SM 9.20, we have a batch script which accepts parameters from command prompt (external applications) and send out SMS to the number specified. Now what i need is to call this sms script somewhere in SM to send out SMS to the assignee when incidents (probsummary) is assigned to him/her. What is the best possible way??
Regular Advisor
Christian Henrich
Message 2 of 7 (1,425 Views)

Re: SMS Alerts from HPSM using a Batch Script

Hello,

I think you cold use the "us.launch.exterl" Rad Application to run your batch script.

But think about webservice! Does your SMS "Service" can handle this?

Regards,

Valued Contributor
bharad
Message 3 of 7 (1,425 Views)

Hi Henrich thanks for replying. This is my requirement; I have a batch file which can accept n number of parameters from any external application or command prompt. this batch file internally call a function to trigger SMS Alert. What I need to know is if there is a way to call this batch file somewhere in SM when the call is assigned to a person and pass the Incident ID and cell phone number of the assignee to this bat script.
Regular Advisor
Christian Henrich
Message 4 of 7 (1,425 Views)

Hello bharad,

I've understood your Problem! But it is in deed very dificult. The funciton "us.lauch.external" is descriebed in OOB Help Server. You can run that Rad Function e.g. via Macro or in a FormatControl.

It could be much better to use a Webservice function from your SMS Server. I think the Batch will do a similar thing or?

Trusted Contributor
AFranke
Message 5 of 7 (1,425 Views)

I would like to know some more details on the required solution:

- does this batch script exist on all client machines or only on the server? - us.launch.external is only for calling external application on client machine.

On server, you could have a look at "attach" command panel (with forms designer look for the input properties=parameter names).

As SM has a C interface (plugins), this can be used for server side call of an external application - but requires development using C.

If there is a webservices option, I'd agree this would be preferable.

- If requirements may allow, I would prefer implementing this call from background process - the user process should write schedule record to that (example on how to write schedule record is function scheduleActivityUpdate() in ScriptLibray activityUpdates).

Occasional Advisor
pradpaul2000
Message 6 of 7 (1,425 Views)

Please let me know if anybody having specific docs of SCAuto configuration for SMS from HPSM. My mail ID is pradeepcheranalloor@gmail.com

Frequent Advisor
abhijitkhewale
Message 7 of 7 (1,425 Views)

hi P,

yes there is guide named SCAuto for SMS and it is for Service center 6, i guess process will be similar(I never tried this).

Find guide at below link

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.