Re: SM7.00 to SM9.20 Full Upgrade - Issue with the changing of SQL data type from DATETIME to DATE (99 Views)
Advisor
Peeves02
Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)

SM7.00 to SM9.20 Full Upgrade - Issue with the changing of SQL data type from DATETIME to DATE

Hello,

I am currently doing a full application upgrade for the following system:

Application Version: SM7.00

RTE Version: SM9.21

RDBMS: SQL Server 2008 R2

I have attached the upgrade document that I am using.  On page 38 of the upgrade document when I did the "load transfer" step, I got the following error after 5 minutes of SM doing the loading:

An error occurred while attempting to update a record (file.load.update.dbdict.record)

file:(dbdict) key:(name=systemperform)(file.load.update.dbdict.record)

Changing SQL data type from 'DATETIME' to 'DATE' for column 'SYSMODTIME' in table 'SYSTEMPERFORMM1' is not supported.  Update cancelled. (file.load.update.dbdict)

Changing SQL data type from 'DATETIME' to 'DATE' for column 'TIMESTAMP in table 'SYSTEMPERFORMM1' is not supported.  Update cancelled. (file.load.update.dbdict)

Changing SQL data type from 'DATETIME' to 'DATE' for column 'IDLE_TIME' in table 'SYSTEMPERFORMM1' is not supported.  Update cancelled. (file.load.update.dbdict)

Changing SQL data type from 'DATETIME' to 'DATE' for column 'LAST_ACTIVE_TIME' in table 'SYSTEMPERFORMM1' is not supported.  Update cancelled. (file.load.update.dbdict)

Changing SQL data type from 'DATETIME' to 'DATE' for column 'LOGIN_TIME' in table 'SYSTEMPERFORMM1' is not supported.  Update cancelled. (file.load.update.dbdict)

And then the following appears on top of the sm.log before I got the above errors:

Could not load DLL SQORACLE.OCI10.DLL

Error 126 in call LoadLibrary - The specified module could not be found.

Failed to load library 'SQORACLE.OCI10.DLL'

Now, someone pointed out that DATE is an Oracle date object and DATETIME is an SQL date object.  Why would the upgrade utility be using an oracle object when doing changes in our dbdicts when our backend is SQL.  Our sm.ini states sqlserver.  All our SQL mapping inside SM states sqlserver as the type.

Would appreciate any inputs/ideas on this one.

Regards,

Peeves

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: SM7.00 to SM9.20 Full Upgrade - Issue with the changing of SQL data type from DATETIME to DATE

Hard nut to break. Sounds like a product defect. Bad news is that I can't imagine a workaround how to get pass that type of error... 

Can you see from logs does the upgrade process conversion attempts to another tables before 'SYSTEMPERFORMM1'?