Re: SM Web Services Attachment handling (927 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Oszkar_1
Message 1 of 12 (2,046 Views)
Accepted Solution

SM Web Services Attachment handling

Hi All

I using Connect-It scenario for fetching inbound mails and create interactions from it, using Service Manager Web Services connector. It is working well except if it process mails that contains more than one attachments. In this case the scenario create individual interactions (with the same other details) as many attachments has the original mail (and each interactions contain only one attachment from the original attachment collection). Of course it isn't acceptable way of mail processing, but I really got shucked to solve it. I appreciate any help advice and suggestion.

Our environment's details:
SM RTE: 7.11.281
SM db: 7.11
CIT: 4.11
Frequent Advisor
Lokesh_A
Message 2 of 12 (2,046 Views)

Re: SM Web Services Attachment handling

Hello Oszkar,
follow the steps below to fix the issue as i had same issue.

In order to tell Service Manager to expect Attachments, the following elements must be mapped:

Request.attachmentData (Retval = 0)
Request.attachmentInfo (Retval = 0)

A value of 1 would indicate to Service Manager that you want to have the attachment echoed back after processing. Most of the time this would not be true, so a vaue of 0 should be used. A value of 1 will cause additional processing to take place, use additional memory, and will take additional time. It is important to note that when using attachments, these elements do need to be mapped. In other words, not having the elements mapped is different than providing a zero value them. If they are not mapped, they are not part of the document sent to Service Manager, and Service Manager will therefore assume no attachments exist.

You need to map the source attachment BLOB to the destination 'Attachment' collection.

You also need to map these elements within the destination 'Attachment' collection:

action RetVal = "add"
attachmentType from source element [From.Type]
charset usually "UTF-8"
href from source element [MailInfo.UniqueID] & PifGetInstance
len minimum value is 1
name from source element [Attachment.FileFromMail]
type from source element [MimeType]
Occasional Advisor
Oszkar_1
Message 3 of 12 (2,046 Views)

HI,

Many thanks it is working now!!

Regardss,
Frequent Advisor
H Nick
Message 4 of 12 (2,046 Views)

Hi Oszkar,

Sorry to reply to your thread. Just want to ask some help from you. I am also would want to do the kind of scenario that you're doing but I'm getting problems. I have open a thread for this.

But instead of emails, I've used text delimited file as test because I don't have access to the email system.

Can you please have a look at my thread or if you have a basic scenario that I can see. I'm pretty new to Connect-it.

Thanks a lot for any help.
Occasional Advisor
Oszkar_1
Message 5 of 12 (2,046 Views)

Hi Nick,

Check your thread.
Regular Advisor
Boughariou Anouar
Message 6 of 12 (2,046 Views)

HI expert
I using Connect-It scenario for fetching inbound mails and create interactions from it, using Service Manager Web Services connector, the interaction is opened but without attachment, and also if there is more then one attachment, i get more then one interactions opened in SM, i use connect-it 9.20 SP1 and SM 7.11.333
can you help me please
you find in attachment a screenshot of my connect-it scenario
tahnks
Occasional Advisor
Oszkar_1
Message 7 of 12 (2,046 Views)

Hi Anouar,

Set "attachmentData" and "attachmentInfo" field value to 1, and additionally have to fill all xml query fields with quote marks (""), as you see in the attachment. As I see all other things are correct.

Regards,
Occasional Advisor
Oszkar_1
Message 8 of 12 (2,046 Views)

Sorry.., set "attachmentData" and "attachmentInfo" field value to 0 not to 1.
Regular Advisor
Boughariou Anouar
Message 9 of 12 (2,046 Views)

Hi Oszkar
thanks for your replay
i still have the same error, the interaction is opened but without attachment, no error on the connect-it interface (document genereted succefull)
any thing to do on the SM?
thanks in advance for your help
Regular Advisor
Boughariou Anouar
Message 10 of 12 (2,046 Views)

Hi Oszkar
finaly i found the issue, there is a validation configured in SM format control 'subscription', now it's work fine but when i send an email with more then 1 file there is two interaction opened with the same value but with defernt attachment
any idea
thanks
Advisor
Mohan Simha
Message 11 of 12 (2,031 Views)

Hi all,

We are using a similar environment but our inbound emails from Exchange are mapped to create incidents (IM). We also capture the body of the email and display it on a custom form as a separate custom tab on the IM screen. However I do have an issue where all of the formatting and HTML tags are stripped out of the incoming email body by Connect-IT. Is there a way to prevent Connect-IT from stripping out the formatting and HTML tags?

Thanks
Mohan
Frequent Advisor
JeemishModi
Message 12 of 12 (927 Views)

Hi,

I am facing similar issue in my SCN. Were you able to solve the issue of creating multiple interactions for multiple attachments?

If you can share you SCN file with me, it would be great
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.