Re: SM 9.32 Web-Tier Excel Export Issue (227 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Michael_Debs
Message 1 of 4 (260 Views)

SM 9.32 Web-Tier Excel Export Issue

Hey guys,

I just recently upgraded from 9.20 to 9.32.2004-P2, and in the Web-tier when users attempt to export to excel now recieve an error stating:  "There was a problem sending the command to the program."  I realize this is a common issue people come across with in Microsoft Excel and the users have already unchecked the "Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange," yet they still are having this issue. This has only started since the upgrade, do any of you guys know what might have caused this, or how I can go about fixing it?

Thanks,

Michael

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 2 of 4 (247 Views)

Re: SM 9.32 Web-Tier Excel Export Issue

I'm confused. SM Web-Tier does not support (nor has it ever supported) Export to Excel functionality. It only supports the option to export a delimited text file which can then be opened in Excel. 

Was this custom tailored?

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Michael_Debs
Message 3 of 4 (239 Views)

Sorry, yes that is correct. They select to export to text file. Which they then have the option to choose the delimiting character. When they choose comma, click OK, then choose open through the browser. They choose to open, and select excel to open the file as a csv. This is when the error is thrown. 

NOTE: This functionality worked perfectly fine before the upgrade.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 4 of 4 (227 Views)

I no longer have access to a pre-9.3x web tier, but if I recall correctly, in 9.2x and 7.x releases, the user was prompted for a file directory/filename in the export popup and could save the file as .csv. However, in both the 9.32 and 9.33 web tier instances I can test again, this option is gone and the file is automatically created as a .txt file. I have to save the file as .csv then open in Excel, but cannot open directly to Excel (it generates an error message and does not parse the file).

I'd suggest opening a ticket with support to see what the intended functionality is after the change.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation