Re: SM 9.30 SSL Login Issue (636 Views)
Regular Advisor
DV_2
Message 1 of 5 (658 Views)

SM 9.30 SSL Login Issue

Hi, 

I have created the certs and implemented it successfully along with Apache and Tomcat. Since the users are web based, I have not configured SSL for windows client.

When I try the url, http://smapdev.domain.local/sm9/ it is prompting me to enter user id and password (since I'm not logged in as domain user). Once I have entered a domain user id and password (operator account exist in SM), it opens the SM login page (like normal webclient), instead of opening up the to do queue. 

I know the domain user id and password are correct. If I enter a wrong password, it got a message saying "Authentication Failed".

Any idea where's the issue?

Regards,

DV

Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 2 of 5 (656 Views)

Re: SM 9.30 SSL Login Issue

I am not sure on SM 9.30, but the URL you need to pass is,

http://smapdev.domain.local/sm9/index.do

Regular Advisor
DV_2
Message 3 of 5 (653 Views)

Hi Ramesh, 

Still the same. Even i tried http://sm-apdev.domain.local/sm9/index.do. It asks for the user id password and then shows the login page. 

Regards,

DV

Occasional Advisor
Bruno_De_Graeve
Message 4 of 5 (643 Views)

I suppose you want to setup Single Sign On (SSO) of which the SSL setup is prerequisite n°1. the second prerequisite is having an external authentication source like IIS Integrated Windows Authentication, CA Siteminder, IBM Webseal, etc.

If you want to avoid the login page. Please consult the help and serach for single/trusted sign-on.

In a nutshell you need to set isCustomauthentication to false in web.xml, add a bean in application-context.xml, add trustedsignon/1 in sm.ini, disable Tomcat authentication in Tomcat's server.xml, enable only IWA in IIS. If you have basic and IWA authentication enable in IIS, you always get the prompt.

Add your URL to the trustes sites in IE and enable pass trough authetication for trusted sites.

In other words, revise the SM7 SSO White Paper.

regards, Bruno

Regular Advisor
DV_2
Message 5 of 5 (636 Views)

Hi Bruno, 

I'm able to login now. Missed to add the tomcatAuthentication="false" parameter in tomcat's server.xml file. 

<Connector port=”8009”
enableLookups="false" tomcatAuthentication="false" redirectPort="8443"
debug="0" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

Now I have another issue with SM web client 9.30 021. The menu navigator and ticket list are not displaying. Cleared the cache (both at client side as well as tomcat side). Still not displaying. 

Need to check the patches. 

Regards,

DV

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.