SLA/Holiday issue (200 Views)
Frequent Advisor
ulto1
Message 1 of 6 (200 Views)

SLA/Holiday issue

Dear Experts,

I have an issue.

Sometimes we have unexpected holiday that is not in the calendar. When I add it to the holiday table, the problem is that the tickets/SLAs are not updated. What we need to do is to update all the open tickets so that the clock is reflected.

What can I do about it?

Has anyone faced the same issue?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 2 of 6 (164 Views)

Re: SLA/Holiday issue

Hi,

Yes they will not be updated as it will capture only at time of logging or addition of sla alerts.

hth,
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
NUNO GONCALVES
Message 3 of 6 (112 Views)

Hi,

We have the same issue.

I know is 'around  this',
Open Database manager ->
(which form) ? ->
(which Table) ? ->
x Administration mode ->
Search ->

but can some charitable old soul please explain how can i mass update all opened ticket?

thank you.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 4 of 6 (99 Views)

Hi,

It is not recommended option to mass update all the existing tickets as his might lead to huge event-out and notifications, depending on tikes and customization in your environment. Also do not feels that mass update of problem tickets or sla records will help.

Any way if you are sysadmin and mass update is enabled in operator profile or corresponding fc then just search the table using db and you will get the mass update visible. OR check 'Administration mode' box in db before search of table.

hth,
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ulto1
Message 5 of 6 (97 Views)

Well... I think if you try to update all the tickets by performing mass update... as Piku said it will generate eventout & notifications will be triggered.

What I think is to create a script & execute it from script library... The SLA will be updated but no eventout will be created & no notifications will be sent.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
NUNO GONCALVES
Message 6 of 6 (89 Views)

Well, that's well put, i do not want eventout, and notifications sent again... :)

Piku,
I do not want to mass update all the existing tickets, only the ones that are 'open' or with a status that have associated a running SLA so they 'read' get updated with the new holidays... does that make sense(?)
thank you

ulto1,
Can you give some clue to start from script library?
thank you

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation