SCEmail unable to fetch emails from Output Events (456 Views)
Valued Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 1 of 8 (456 Views)
Accepted Solution

SCEmail unable to fetch emails from Output Events

Hello Experts,

I am new to HP Service Manager 9.3. I have installed HPSM in a demo environment, the database and the SMTP server is located remotely.

I want my service manager to send an email notification to the assigned group members and also to the owner of the ticket using SCEmail. Email Notifications are generated and are stored in Output Events whenever a new incident or interaction is registered. But unfortunately SCEmail can't fetch the emails from Output Events. The required sm -emailout parameters> smtphost, smtpport, smtpusername, smtppassword, EmailFrom are mentioned in sm.cfg file. Tried running the command from command prompt also but of no use. The log says that email has been sent to the assigned person but the inbox tries to prove that the log is a liar.

I was able to send the email, from HPSM to my inbox, before using SCEmail but somehow after pointing HPSM to another database it has stopped working. 

Any help will be higly appreciated.

Regards

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Deepa George
Message 2 of 8 (438 Views)

Re: SCEmail unable to fetch emails from Output Events

How did you point HPSM to another database?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 3 of 8 (434 Views)

Hi Deepa,

I did it by editing the ODBC Data Source Administrator. Modified the Database name/ip by editing the System DSN, (if required change the Database name that are pointing to and also the username and password). In my case the database name, username and password were the same, so dint change it, however changed the ip/name of the Database Server.

Any clue about my issue as stated in the above post??

Thanks

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
nij_jac
Message 4 of 8 (422 Views)

If the application is working fine, then the odbc connection looks good.

Question: In system status do you see SCEMAIL?

Are you sending the email using scsmtp or SCAuto??

If SCEMAIL is not in system status, then thats the reason why your email is not getting triggered. You have to enable it.

Regards,

Nij

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 5 of 8 (419 Views)

Hi Nij,

Checked Agent Status and seems like the SCEmail Agent is disabled, however tried to enable the Agent by clicking the Start button but I doesn't start up and surprisingly I couldn't find any error msg in the hpsm log regarding SCEmail.

I am not using scsmtp nor SCAuto. I am using SCEmail for sending emails. As I am new to HPSM so I may be wrong somewhere, please guide me through in setting things up.

I have attached the screenshot of the Agent Status. Please have a look.

I even tried using Connect IT earlier, but in vein.

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 6 of 8 (410 Views)

Hi all,

Can any one help me on how to fetch email from output events using SCEmail. HPSM version is 9.3.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
nij_jac
Message 7 of 8 (253 Views)

Sanjeev,

Have you fixed the issue or u still face it.

In your sm.cfg - add sm - emailout

sm -scautolistener:12690 or sm -scautolistener:12670

Then go to system navigator>>system administration>>system>>start up information

click search

Go to startup (the last one)>> add process information as name: emailout, rad application = sm - emailout

save

After this restart the SM services. Ensure scsmtp.exe is started and the scsmtp.ini has the following info:

smtpserver:mail.abc.com (This cab be obtained by your windows/exchange team. Note the SM app server IPs have to put as exception to relay emails from the app in th eexchange)
smtpport:25

Nij

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
SanjeevDas
Message 8 of 8 (241 Views)

Hi nij_jac,

Thanks for the solution.

However, this is a very old post and the solution has been solved earlier.

As you are the one to post a solution so I am marking it as an accepted solution.

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation