Re: Remove closed cases from incident matching on escalate. (373 Views)
Regular Advisor
Message 1 of 7 (410 Views)

Remove closed cases from incident matching on escalate.

Hi - I was wondering if it is possible to remove closed cases from the list generated by RAD application - incident.maching and script SolutionMatching so that it will only show the open cases and remove closed cases? 

Currently running on 9.32 with PD 9.30.3 installed. 

BR Ivis. 

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 7 (383 Views)

Re: Remove closed cases from incident matching on escalate.

[ Edited ]

With PD4 (9.30.3) the field matching comparisons  are defined in the imMatchQuery table. Those records do not support the addition of a filter to restrict matching to only open records. 

However, the incident.matching RAD application calls a JavaScript to retrieve and execute the soluition match query:
SolutionMatching.getIMQueries

Option 1: You could potentially update that JavaScript to append an additional filter on the generated queries. I haven't played with it so I can't verify that it will work or provide a code example. 

Option 2: If you look at the Problem & Known Error matching, they are prompting for all, pm. ke, but I can't figure out how they are modifying the resulting query. But if you hack through that it may provide a way to do something similar to filter by active, inactive, all.

Option 3: If those don't work, you could also do a messy but easy alternative: for any open record copy the service and affected CI into two new fields (call them openService and openCI) and at close, clear the fields. Then update/replace the matching queries to work against your new fields instead of the originals. (It's not elegant). Note that you absolutely would want to define a dbdict key/RDBMS index for the openService and openCI fields if you used this approach.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Honored Contributor
Message 3 of 7 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]

You should be able to update the sql outputs in this section of the JavaScript to exclude closed records in addition to just querying against logical.name or affected.item:

SNAG_Program-0037.png

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Regular Advisor
Message 4 of 7 (357 Views)

Hi John and thanks for the input. 

I am trying to run some print statements but i get no output and nothing seems to happen when I modify the sql's. 

So wondering when these things are getting called. 

BR Ivis. 

Regular Advisor
Message 5 of 7 (356 Views)

I am getting a little closer but I get an issue with different tables. 

In the function getQueryDesc the query is returned and by adding query+=" and problem.status~=\"Closed\" to the bottom of the function it returns only open tickets. 

The issue is of course when the i change to knownerror where it does not locate the problem.status field. Flag is also not an option here it looks like....

I guess I can add a field in all modules that correspond and use this in the query - but if anyone else has a better option I am listening. 

BR Ivis. 

Regular Advisor
Message 6 of 7 (355 Views)

Ok - added the if sentence: 

if (tableName=="incidents" && tableToMatch!="rootcause") {

query+=" and flag#true"; 

}

Looks to remove all closed tickets. 

I will monitor it for the time beeing, but looks like the result is stored so this may cause a future issue. 

BR Ivar. 

Message 7 of 7 (70 Views)

Thank you, this solutions works for me.

I add your suggested lines in the line 187 of SolutionMatching ScriptLibrary

query+=" and "+fDatadict["unique.key"][0]+"~=\""+recordid+"\"";

}
//print("query="+query);
if (tableName=="incidents" && tableToMatch!="rootcause")
{
query+=" and flag=true";
}
return [query,queryDesc];

Regards

Marina

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.