Re: Query on Localization (261 Views)
Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 1 of 6 (304 Views)

Query on Localization

Experts,

I am having a doubt regarding the language installed and the localization.
   I am having 3 languages configured in HP SM system.
   One of the user who is having the IE browser with spanish default settings and the OS installed in english , logs in , he sees

the menu navigator in  English, but the logout and logout messages are coming / showing in spanish. Howz this working ?. 
  Is this done through localization ?. As I understand, localization is done on a particular table and field values and its related

scmessage records.

Please guide.

Thank you

I am Listening..
Honored Contributor
Err_1
Message 2 of 6 (281 Views)

Re: Query on Localization

Hello,

I think I have seen this issue before, and if I recall correctly, for the localized content in the goodbye.jsp page, that language will depend on the regional settings/locale settings of the server that host the web tier server.

For example, if you changed the locale/regional settings to Spanish in the server , and then after restart of the Tomcat Apache service, when users log in and out of the web client, the text should appear in Spanish

Regards;

Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 3 of 6 (277 Views)

Hi Err

Thank you for the reply.

Apart from the below possiblity , are there any other settings which you could think of ?.

THank you

I am Listening..
Honored Contributor
Err_1
Message 4 of 6 (269 Views)

Hi,

Some more information on this.

If you set the OS language to any other non-English language, and set browser language to English language.

On Web Client, the Navigator Frame text "Menu navigation" and "Favorites and Dashboards" should still be displayed in OS language (nonEnglish).

If you change browser language to a non-English language, the Nav Fram title should be then displayed as the browser language (nonEnglish).

Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 5 of 6 (263 Views)

Hi ,

The customer is having a english based OS and the browser settings configured in spanish.

As I understand from your post is that,

Based on the web server configuration (?), when the user logs in, the menu navigator (groups on the left) will show in English, but the logout and msgs will be shown in other language configured.

Could you please let me knw , how do we achieve this ?.

Thank you.

I am Listening..
Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 6 of 6 (261 Views)

Attaching screenshot of how its looking .

I am Listening..
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.