01-29-2014 08:44 PM
I am new to Process Designer, hence need your help.
We are using Process Designer for Incident Management and are facing a couple of issues listed below. It would be of great help if you could provide your inputs.
1) When we create New Incident Tasks and link them to an Incident, the linked Incidents Tasks are not appearing in the Related Tasks Tab.
2) When the Incident Task Status is set to "Pending Vendor", we need to Vendor field to become mandatory. How do we do this using Process Designer?
3) As per the requirement, the Incident should only be "Closed" when the Incident Tasks Linked to that ticket are "Closed". Please suggets how to do this.
In addition to this, if you could please share any documents related to Process Designer, it would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Points will be awarded.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-29-2014 11:01 PM - edited 01-29-2014 11:07 PM
2) When the Incident Task Status is set to "Pending Vendor", we need to Vendor field to become mandatory. How do we do this using Process Designer? This is configured in the out of box PD flows. The validation is located in the out-of-box rule set im.standard.mandatory (it is the last validation)
1) When we create New Incident Tasks and link them to an Incident, the linked Incidents Tasks are not appearing in the Related Tasks Tab. Look at the RuleSets called by the out-of-box workflow at task creation. Use it as a model. The out of box workflows do this correctly.
The PD Content Pack materials include an Admin Guide, which is really the biggest document we have right now (PD for Help Desk is very new). But in this case, the best (and probably fastest) way to find the answers to every problem above is to at the out of box configurations and modeling your configuration on them. That's all I did: I looked at how they did it out of box.
01-29-2014 11:13 PM
Thank you for your inputs.
Though all these featured are available out-of-the-box, none of them seem to be working.
Can you please be a little more specific as to where and how we can check this, since I am working on Process Designer on the first time.
Thanks in advance.
01-30-2014 01:16 AM - edited 01-30-2014 03:08 AM
We were able to fix the Vendor mandatory.
Please can you give some details on how to display the Related Tasks record in the Task tab. Also we were unable to find the related task records in the screlation table.
01-30-2014 03:27 PM - edited 01-30-2014 03:35 PM
1. After applying the PD4 content pack (9.30.3) to your system, did you run the enablepd command to activate PD for the help desk modules?
2. If yes, before attempting to work with existing records, did you follow the instructions in the PD4 Migration guide to process the legacy records to convert them so that they would be updated to work with PD process flows?
Related Tasks are not associated with the parent incident using screlation (similar to how problem tasks do not use screlation, nor do change tasks). The incident tasks include the parent incident ID and are displayed using a simple virtual join that relies on a link link in the probsummary link record. Check to make sure that you do not have a link record called "NEWCPprobsummary". If so ,the updated link record to support PD was not loaded and conflict resolution of the content patch was not performed correctly. The new NEWCPprobsummary link includes the link line for tasks.
The forums are not sufficient, in and of themselves, to replace product-specific training. If you have found yourself suddenly responsible for maintaining an SM system, HP training could be very helpful.