Re: Probsummary FC validation using $ndp.valid (153 Views)
Advisor
Unlimited74
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)
Accepted Solution

Probsummary FC validation using $ndp.valid

[ Edited ]

Hi all !

We're using SM 9.21 and I have found that when opening an incident record (using the full-client) and the user has a contact record ID with letters and numbers I recieve the error message "Only letters are allowed" and the focus goes to the 'contact' field.

In our 'IM.open.incident' FC record there is a validation with the following conditions:

Validation: $ndp.valid

Comments: Validats all characters were valid

Add: not null(contact.name in $file)

Update: not null(contact.name in $file)

Set focus to: contact.name

I know that I could just remove the validation but I would like the ability to amend the way the validation takes place (i.e. allow numbers but not special characters).

Does anyone know where to find and how to edit $ndp.valid?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas!

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jacob Heubner
Message 2 of 3 (153 Views)

Re: Probsummary FC validation using $ndp.valid

That's not an OOB calculation that I've ever seen, so someone has done something custom to your system.

If it's in a FC validation, it's probably also in an FC calculation.  Check the Calculations panel, or possibly the Javascript panel.

The other thing you can try is type *afind.string into the command window.  This opens the Find String application that allows you to search for anything in whatever table you specify.

So you could type in $ndp.valid and search formatctrl records, Process records, displayoption records, displayscreen records, etc.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Unlimited74
Message 3 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: Probsummary FC validation using $ndp.valid

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your reply.

I used the Find String application but had no results (although, I didn't search the FC records).

I eventually found an FC calculation which makes an rtecall - $ndp.valid=rtecall("isalpha", $rc, contact.name in $file, $ndp.chars).

It appears that the "isalpha" rtecall is a standard RAD in-line statement.

As I've set-up a field validation against the contacts table (to ensure any typed-in contact names are genuine) I'm just going to remove the $ndp.valid validation from the im.open.incident FC record.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation