Re: Printing problem in HP SM 7.11 (195 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Oliver Geronimo
Message 1 of 3 (222 Views)

Printing problem in HP SM 7.11

I currently have the HP SM 7.11.532 client version on my Windows XP box and every time time I try to print an incident or interaction record using the File-Print or the printer icon on the top left, only the Detail or List dialog box appears and nothing prints. The Print dialog box appear to show up for half a second and disappears. When I choose the Print Record option on the record itself, the HP SM Confirm Action dialog box and the Print dialog boxes appear and the record will print with no problem.

Attached is a screen capture. Thanks.

Honored Contributor
Jacob Heubner
Message 2 of 3 (203 Views)

Re: Printing problem in HP SM 7.11

I know this sounds crazy but - what is the Java Runtime Environment of your default internet broswer (i.e. Internet Explorer)?  For IE, while you're using Internet Explorer, select Tools -> Internet Options, then select the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Java section.

If you're running anything less than JRE 1.6.0_26, upgrade your JRE.

When you print from the client, the first thing the system does is transform the record to simple html, then print it from your default internet browser. We ran into this issue when we upgraded the desktop client, and updating the JRE in Internet Explorer solved the problem for us.

Frequent Advisor
Oliver Geronimo
Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)

Re: Printing problem in HP SM 7.11

I will try this today and I will let you know how it went. Thanks.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.