Notification on resubmitting an Interaction (284 Views)
Frequent Advisor
raginis86
Message 1 of 5 (284 Views)

Notification on resubmitting an Interaction

Hi,

I am unable to send the notification when resubmitting the Interaction by ESS.
I gave condition as "resubmitted in $file=true". where 'resubmitted' is a input field storing a value for reopened calls.

Notification triggeres when helpdesk clicks on 'Save' of resubmitted ticket.

Actually notification should go when the End User 'Resubmits' a new ticket.

Please suggest... Quite urgent.

Thanks.
Advisor
Wbvczar
Message 2 of 5 (248 Views)

Re: Notification on resubmitting an Interaction

I am hoping that revisiting this topic will spur some input.  We are on 9.31 p3 and I am trying to accomplish the same thing.  When a customer resubmits a previously closed ticket, I want a notification to fire off to our Service Desk for them to work it.  I found that the message on screen after a resubmit is from notification "Clone Relation_1 (message us 135).  I tried adding to that notification but it did not work.

Any ideas?

Honored Contributor
Audrey H.
Message 3 of 5 (245 Views)

Hi,

I notice that OOB that message is also in the Save Relation_1 notification record, so I guess it could be one of those.  If you want to confirm whether a notification is being referenced on an action you could add a rtecall to send a message to the log.  I have done this in many instances to figure out which notification is being triggered, or even which specific line in the notification.  I usually add the line to the condition of every notification record I think might be triggering, changing the message to include the respective notification name, so you could add the following line to the notification Condition of the Clone Relation_1 notification record:

$L.void=rtecall("log", $L.rc, "---Notification: Clone Relation_1")

If this notification record is referenced when you resubmit your ticket, "---Notification: Clone Relation_1" will be written to the sm.log.  Remember that the problem process needs to be restarted (or restart Service Manager) before any changes to a notification record will take effect.

Audrey

Advisor
Wbvczar
Message 4 of 5 (238 Views)

Thank you, Audrey.  That was a great help to find which notification was firing off.  Can you tell me what calls the notification?  And what determines which table is refered to by the $L.file in the argument field of the notification?

I can get the notitifcation to send from 'Save Relation_1', but it is not passing the information from the Incidents table.

Honored Contributor
Audrey H.
Message 5 of 5 (231 Views)

Hi,

There is no one specific place a notification is called from, it can be called from various places.  Sometimes it is directly identified in the Process record, other times it is RAD, or ScriptLibrary, etc. that dictates it.

$L.file should always be the current record that the notification is being generated from, so if you update IM12345 and you trigger the IM Update_1 notification, assignee.name in $L.file should be the assignee.name from IM12345 at the time of the save event.  If you changed the assignee.name and you want to reference the value before you changed it, you would use assignee.name in $L.file.save.

Audrey

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.