Re: New field value from Quote to Line Items (97 Views)
Advisor
Unlimited74
Message 1 of 4 (141 Views)

New field value from Quote to Line Items

Hi,

In our customised system (SM9.21) when a Quote record is created the related Interaction record number is inserted into a field (interaction.number) in the Quote record.

I would like to have the interaction record number then copied from the Quote record into any related Line Item records upon creation.

I have already created a column in the OCML table for the data but I am having difficulties working out how to copy the data from the Quote record to the Line Item record(s).

Can anyone please help?

Kind Regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)

Re: New field value from Quote to Line Items

Hello Paul,

most data from one object to other is transfered with screlate links. Search for one which will be named like screlate.omcq.ocml (or it will be something similiar. I dont have system atm to check exact name).

In that links there is only one field mapping. When you chose it and click on Select field it will open new screen with all mapped fields listed. Add your field mapping for Interaction number there and save the link record.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Unlimited74
Message 3 of 4 (108 Views)

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your response.

I did search for any link records which looked something like 'screlate.ocmq.ocml' but was unable to find any.  The only ones with 'ocmq' I have are 'screate.ocmq.cm3r', 'screlate.ocmq.incidents' and 'screlate.ocmq.problems'.  There are none with 'ocml' in the name.

Are line items created from an event perhaps?

Or should I consider creating subroutine calling a new link record in the OCMQ format control record?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 4 of 4 (97 Views)

Hello Paul,

I can not check it myself until next week so not sure why it is not done as a standard method of field transition at creation from one record to another (like it is for incidents, change ....).

As a workaround you can tailor it at any place like fc (query the parent quote and grab the number from there), triggers after add of line item. But still it is workaround and I wont be able to check for something more easy untill next week.

If you are familar with fc and triggers, you can try to tailor it there.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation