Need to have OCML and OCMQ displayed in search form (309 Views)
Occasional Contributor
rfan7706
Message 1 of 4 (309 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need to have OCML and OCMQ displayed in search form

Hi All,

How to get OCML and OCMQ displayed in the drop down in the search form .

thanks

Frequent Advisor
mpatrikov
Message 2 of 4 (270 Views)

Re: Need to have OCML and OCMQ displayed in search form

[ Edited ]

EDIT: I am sorry, the things that I mentioned were for the Queue: field. Below you can find more information regarding your problem. I am leaving the explanation here as it might be helpful for others.

Hi,

In order to have any table present there, 2 things should be present:

1. The field "sc.manage.screen" should not be empty in the Object record for that table. If it is empty, you will not get to point 2.

2. You should have at least one Inbox record for that table. That Inbox record should be found with this query:

$L.inbox.list.query="inbox.type=\""+$L.tablename+"\" and (inbox.class=\"classList\" or inbox.class=\"classView\") and (operator.name=\""+operator()+"\" or operator.name=\"%NONE%\" and (audience.type=\"everyone\" or (audience.type=\"groups\" and groups isin "+str(denull($lo.groups))+") or (audience.type=\"role\" and role=\""+nullsub($G.user.role, "NONE")+"\")))"

This query is from the AdvFind.setup RAD application which is responsible for the list of tables available for search.

Best Regards,

Miro

~~

Regarding the search screen:

In order for a table to be present there, it should be in the $G.advFind.table variable. This variable is populated by the AdvFind.getTableList RAD application.

In order for a table to be inserted in the $G variable, it should have all of the search information populated on the "Search Configuration" tab in the Object record. Basically, this information is a standlone record for each table present in the "SearchConfig" table. If the "Allow Advanced Find" evaluates to "true"  then it will be present in the $G.advFind.table variable.

Best Regards,

Miro

Occasional Contributor
rfan7706
Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

Hi Miro,

Thanks for your response.

1. The sc.manage.screen in the object record(ocml) has this "nullsub(line.manage.format in       $G.ocml.environment,"sc.manage.ocml")".

2. You should have at least one Inbox record for that table. That Inbox record should be found with this query:

Could you please explain this to me

When you say it should have atleast one inbox record ,do you mean atleast one view created for that table.

And what do you mean by "Inbox Record should be found with this query".

Frequent Advisor
mpatrikov
Message 4 of 4 (240 Views)

Hi,

Initially, I wrote an explanation for a case where you are asking how to show a table in the Queue/View list on the ToDo List lets say, which is not your question. :) After I reread your question, I realized that this was wrong and I edited the post and wrote the additional part which is for your problem:

Regarding the search screen:

In order for a table to be present there, it should be in the $G.advFind.table variable. This variable is populated by the AdvFind.getTableList RAD application.

In order for a table to be inserted in the $G variable, it should have all of the search information populated on the "Search Configuration" tab in the Object record. Basically, this information is a standlone record for each table present in the "SearchConfig" table. If the "Allow Advanced Find" evaluates to "true"  then it will be present in the $G.advFind.table variable.

Basically, you need to fill the "Search Configuration" tab on the Object record of the table in order to add the table to the list. Please keep in mind that you need to relog afterwards.

Best Regards,

MIro

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.