Re: Manual escalation of a interaction to a SRC ITEM (132 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Vanstraelen
Message 1 of 4 (147 Views)

Manual escalation of a interaction to a SRC ITEM

Hello,

I don’t know if anything have the same ‘problem’ :

I use SRC Catalog from this 1/1 in production (only for service request). (version 9.32)

If the customer use the catalog, his request open a interaction and automatically a related change (with some change-task).

But some customers also call directly the service-desk for their requests.

The service-desk encode the SD and ideally should be able to bind the SD with the correct item catalog and escalate the request to a change (with the correct template task).

(the list item ordered must be correct)

It’s not possible out-of-the box.

Do you have any ideas of solution to this ?

Thank you very much.

Alain

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 2 of 4 (132 Views)

Re: Manual escalation of a interaction to a SRC ITEM

It's not ideal solution, but maybe your SD could log in to SRC and create a "proper" catalog request for your customer. And after that, link the "original" SD ticket and this SRC request SD ticket as a related record. (I don't if this offends the SD processes you have and is this allowed, but I'm trying to find another solution than to modify SRC-SM-solution itself.)

If the number of out-of-SRC is not large, I'd rather do a process change for a single customer than trying to modify HP & SRC to support a non-OOB feature. That's my view!

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)

[ Edited ]

A service desk user can invoke Service Catalog when logging an interaction using the More Actions > Order from Service Catalog option. It is out-of-box. The operator is then prompted to select the desired catalog item, complete required options, and save. At that point, normal approvals processing occurs and escalation for fulfillment executes after approval.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Vanstraelen
Message 4 of 4 (117 Views)

thank you for your reply.

I will investigate these 2 proposals.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation