Re: Manual escalation of a interaction to a SRC ITEM (281 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Vanstraelen
Message 1 of 4 (296 Views)

Manual escalation of a interaction to a SRC ITEM

Hello,

I don’t know if anything have the same ‘problem’ :

I use SRC Catalog from this 1/1 in production (only for service request). (version 9.32)

If the customer use the catalog, his request open a interaction and automatically a related change (with some change-task).

But some customers also call directly the service-desk for their requests.

The service-desk encode the SD and ideally should be able to bind the SD with the correct item catalog and escalate the request to a change (with the correct template task).

(the list item ordered must be correct)

It’s not possible out-of-the box.

Do you have any ideas of solution to this ?

Thank you very much.

Alain

Esteemed Contributor
Kelalek2
Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)

Re: Manual escalation of a interaction to a SRC ITEM

It's not ideal solution, but maybe your SD could log in to SRC and create a "proper" catalog request for your customer. And after that, link the "original" SD ticket and this SRC request SD ticket as a related record. (I don't if this offends the SD processes you have and is this allowed, but I'm trying to find another solution than to modify SRC-SM-solution itself.)

If the number of out-of-SRC is not large, I'd rather do a process change for a single customer than trying to modify HP & SRC to support a non-OOB feature. That's my view!

Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 3 of 4 (270 Views)

[ Edited ]

A service desk user can invoke Service Catalog when logging an interaction using the More Actions > Order from Service Catalog option. It is out-of-box. The operator is then prompted to select the desired catalog item, complete required options, and save. At that point, normal approvals processing occurs and escalation for fulfillment executes after approval.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Occasional Advisor
Vanstraelen
Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)

thank you for your reply.

I will investigate these 2 proposals.

Thank you

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.