Managing parallel activities in request management. (262 Views)
Advisor
cristianchavez
Message 1 of 5 (262 Views)
Accepted Solution

Managing parallel activities in request management.

Hello everyone;

I want to know how I can handle the request management activities in parallel mode, because my client requests that some tasks can be activated only when required, ie a package creation tasks user can select one or more and that these tasks run in parallel, but when you select one in specific, the other selected tasks from running until it completes this task in particular.

I know I can handle this in a flow, but as I can not do it, because these flows are linear and have not seen an option to handle orders or items in parallel.

Any suggestions for this issue?

Regards from Colombia;
Cristian Chavez
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 2 of 5 (252 Views)

Re: Managing parallel activities in request management.

Line items in a bundle can be a defined to execute in parallel OR as sequenced.

ANy items with the same sequence will run in parallel once items with an earlier sequence number are completed.

For example, a simple bundle:

Item 1:  assign AD ID  (Sequence A)

Item 2 : create SM account (Sequence B)

Item 3: create Blah blah blah (Sequence B)

Item 4: Configure PC (Sequence C)

Items 2 and 3 will run in parallel once Item 1 is completed, item 4 will start only after both items 2 and 3 are complete.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cristianchavez
Message 3 of 5 (231 Views)

Hello and thanks for your answer;

Where i can tailor the sequence option in line items? i can't see this option :(

Thanks!
Regards from Colombia;
Cristian Chavez
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 4 of 5 (227 Views)

[ Edited ]

In the Navigator, select Request Management > Supporting Files > Catalog.

Search for Part No. 101 (the Employee Executive Package).

On the first tab of the notebook, the first column assigns a group value to each line item.

The second tab of the notebook describes the dependencies between those groups. 

--Notice that the sequencing is therefore not necessarily sorted numerically or alphabetically.

--You must define the dependencies for sequencing to be active.

Also, if you look closely you'll discover it can be more complicated than this. For an example, while the bundle has sequencing, it is possible that one or more components in the bundle may be a bundle itself with multiple compoents:

--put your cursor in the part number column at the first line (value 201) and click find). The Executive PC package will display.

--On the catalog information page, you can see that it is made up of multiple parts, which have dependencies defined within the "sub-bundle".

--the capability for a user to manually select items is determined by the Part condition expression and the checked options, etc.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cristianchavez
Message 5 of 5 (219 Views)

Hello and thanks for your reply;

It's great content and helps me better understand the dependencies for what I need. I'll put it into practice for what I need now.

Regards from Colombia;
Cristian Chavez
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation