Re: Macros! (630 Views)
Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 7 (654 Views)
Accepted Solution

Macros!

Hi,
Can anyone help me with how to use macros?
i need to use it to send email notification to
a caller who doesn't have a contact record.
-Is it possible to send emails to domains like gmail, yahoo etc..? How should i equip my SM server for this?
Please help!!
THANKS
TH@nks
dev
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 7 (654 Views)

Re: Macros!

Hi,

Are you asking about customization in SM to fire mail from itself only or about integrations with other tools to send email to user?
For the first one you have to create a filed in probsummary table and use it save the mailing address and use it send mail.
For the later one you should have Connect-it or SCAuto integration with SM.I have only some basic info about this part.

hth,
Message 3 of 7 (644 Views)

HI PIKU,

I am using SC Auto and SM in Solaris 10

-My actual req is when a user calls and registers an interaction, he should get an ack email...thats it.

-But the problem is the caller is random and he does not have a contact record.

-Which method will be easy for me to achieve this?

what i have tried is that i hav created a new field "Caller Email" so that caller's email can be fed there and then created a notificn record with recepeint given as "caller.email in $L.file" but email is not sent......can't get the reason!

-Please help me solve this! I welcome your suggestions on this issue!

TH@nks
dev
Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 7 (639 Views)

you are correct that you're better off doing this through a notifcation record, rather than through a macro. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with macros, but they've been deprecated as the standard and the notification record is the better way to go. If the notification isn't firing, it could be for any number of reasons. First, make sure you've added it to the correct notification record. There are notifications that fire when an Interaction is opened, updated, or closed... make sure you're firing it at the right time. In addition to that overall condition, there's a condition that is checked for each row in the notification record. That specific notification will fire only when that condition is true. So, try sharing your notification record; that might shed some light on why it isn't working.
Valued Contributor
Message 5 of 7 (634 Views)

Hi Dev,

You have mentioned macro in subject line but using notification !!

However you can use any one of them as Jacob suggested. And you can post here the notification conditions.

You should also check your field name in dbdict,notification and on form.It should be same everywhere.

@Jacob,

Nice to see you back again. :)

regards,

Trusted Contributor
Message 6 of 7 (630 Views)

If there is contact information, i think you (who take a call) must create new record of contacts table (setup email field and callback.contact field)
Valued Contributor
Message 7 of 7 (619 Views)

THANK YOUUUU......GUYS:smileyvery-happy:

DID a foolish mistake in the notification record that i had created!:smileytongue:

KUDOS to ALL!!!!

TH@nks
dev
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.