License related error in log file and system do not start (217 Views)
Advisor
Chosavarapu
Message 1 of 3 (217 Views)

License related error in log file and system do not start

Dear All,

Please advise on my issue.

The current production environment setup has 2 application servers in two different RHEL physical boxes, horizantally scalled.

Now my effort is to add one more Windows box to this node group as one more application server in this horizantal scaling setup.

I installed the application on Win 2008 R2 server, added the license text file to the RUN folder of this machine copied from the loadbalancer server (one of the current production RHEL machine).

When Istart the service on the Windows machine, the application is not initilized and I find the following error in the log file.

"JRTE E License is valid locally, but none of the nodes in the cluster has validated the license on host 172.23.19.27"

Can you please help me to come out of this situation?

Regards,

Chosavarapu.

Honored Contributor
Piku
Message 2 of 3 (187 Views)

Re: License related error in log file and system do not start

Hi,

Are you having below parameters same as other host nodes(non-loadbalancer servers) ?,

system:<value>
grouplicenseip:<value>
groupname:<value>
groupmcastaddress:<value>
groupport:<value>
system – Defines a unique numerical ID for the system. The value of this parameter must be identical in the sm.ini files for each host in the horizontal scaling group.
grouplicenseip – The value should be the primary host IP.
groupname – Creates a group name as the horizontal scaling group identifier that the Service Manager processes use to identify the group. The value of this parameter is only alphanumeric characters.
groupmcastaddress – Defines the TCP/IP multicast address that all Service Manager processes within the horizontal scaling group use to communicate with each other.
groupport – Defines the communications port that all Service Manager processes use to communicate with all other Service Manager processes within the horizontal scaling group.
[RDBMS Settings] – Define the RDBMS connection and authorization parameters.

Also have you tried the instantOn license for fresh system ?

Regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Kudos-what-where-how-and-why/m-p/5677925#U5677925
Advisor
Chosavarapu
Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: License related error in log file and system do not start

Thank you very much Piku for your response. I copy pasted these values from the other non-loadbalancer member to this new server's ini file. So I can say that I have the values same on both the servers.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.