Re: Latest version installation of HP Service Manager (523 Views)
Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 1 of 6 (548 Views)

Latest version installation of HP Service Manager

Experts,

I know that the latest version of HP Service Manager is v9.32 .  Is v9.31 and v9.32 application patches ?.

So the Binary is going to be SM v9.30 ??. Is there any specific steps which needs to be installed to have an application running on HP SM v9.32 ??.

Also let me know if any Content Packs which needs to be applied on the application ?

Please guide.

Thank you

dev

I am Listening..
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Stagaman
Message 2 of 6 (523 Views)

Re: Latest version installation of HP Service Manager

[ Edited ]

You need to install 9.30.

Then with the 9.32 patch, you will update the RTE and application levels to 9.32. You do not need to do the 9.31 patch prior to 9.32.

The 9.32 application upgrade includes the previously separate content pack to enable HTML Mail.

You can optionally choose to install Process Designer Content Packs, which as of version 4 include process designer for Change, Interaction, Incident, and Problem Management. If you are doing a new deployment, I would recommend using this build if at all possible to simplify future upgrades. (Earlier versions included change management only). If you are upgrading for currency against a tailored system, adopting PD is not required to achieve currency to the 9.32 release.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jas1
Message 3 of 6 (511 Views)

What is your current version as the upgrading and patching steps varies when going from different older versions to current versions.  9.31 and 9.32 both contains binary and application components.

It is only the P1, P2...following the version that are binary patch. But even those P* sometimes includes an unload that will change the database, you need to check the release notes.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 4 of 6 (484 Views)

Hi John & Jas,

Thank you for the reply.

I was reading one of the knowledge article and I found the below steps.

1. SM 9.30 OOTB
2. SM 9.30 CP HTML Email
3. SM 9.31 Applications Patch
4. SM931_1020_P1_HF2
5. SM 9.31 PDCP 9.30.2 (Latest version)

We are going for a brand new implementation of HP Service Manager . So as per the john's statement,  I need to

Have the SM9.30 binaries downloaded first.

Install the SM9.30 . Then Application and RTE will be on 9.30

Download the SM9.32 CP

Follow the procedure for the Application upgrade to SM9.32 ?? ( Am I right with this step)

Please guide .

Thank you

dev.

I am Listening..
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
brav0
Message 5 of 6 (477 Views)

I was reading the HP SMv9.32 Release Notes.

It is mentioned that to Install the SM9.30 GA server . what is the GA server means ?

brav0 wrote:

Hi John & Jas,

Thank you for the reply.

I was reading one of the knowledge article and I found the below steps.

1. SM 9.30 OOTB
2. SM 9.30 CP HTML Email
3. SM 9.31 Applications Patch
4. SM931_1020_P1_HF2
5. SM 9.31 PDCP 9.30.2 (Latest version)

We are going for a brand new implementation of HP Service Manager . So as per the john's statement,  I need to

Have the SM9.30 binaries downloaded first.

Install the SM9.30 . Then Application and RTE will be on 9.30

Download the SM9.32 CP

Follow the procedure for the Application upgrade to SM9.32 ?? ( Am I right with this step)

Please guide .

Thank you

dev.

I am Listening..
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jas1
Message 6 of 6 (472 Views)

I highly recommend that you look at the HP live network announcement here. https://hpln.hp.com/content/updates-process-designer-content-pack-9303 and download the installation instructions, refer to the Compatibility Matrix for Service Manager Applications Content document available at HP Software Manuals site (http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00491738)

To install PD, you can do it in different order but you need to follow the correct steps based on the installation order you took to ensure there's no issues.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation