Re: LDAP integration assistance!!! (197 Views)
Regular Advisor
Madhu_Ranganath
Message 1 of 6 (246 Views)

LDAP integration assistance!!!

Dear Experts, SM version – 7.11 and database – oracle 11g, SSO enabled. Currently there is no ldap integration due to the reason that our Hp SM/ database is configured as case sensitive, because of which whenever there is a new user, we need to create the accounts manually. Now I am looking to go ahead on doing this integration with the help of connect-IT, but not sure on how far the impact would be? and what are the advantages and disadvantages on doing this integration by having the database as case sensitive?? Please assist me on this. Regards, “Help is highly appreciated with kudos”
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
alperoz
Message 2 of 6 (232 Views)

Re: LDAP integration assistance!!!

Hello,

For the LDAP integration itself, it doesn't matter whether your db is case sensitive or not. Because LDAP is case insensitive for account names and the account name sent by SM for authentication will be evaluated correctly.

When SSO is on the table, after domain authentication of user by IIS or Apache, the user name will be passed to SM must match the user name in SM db. In this case if the user name entered by logged in person is sent to SM (not the name stored in AD), it might not match the operator name in SM because of case sensitivity. But if you get all account names from your directory server as it is, probably you will not have a problem. I did the same scenario before and didn't have a problem until today regarding to account name cases.

BR,

Alper

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Madhu_Ranganath
Message 3 of 6 (221 Views)

Thanks for the reply. "In this case if the user name entered by logged in person is sent to SM (not the name stored in AD), it might not match the operator name in SM because of case sensitivity. But if you get all account names from your directory server as it is, probably you will not have a problem". If i have got it right did you mean that if a login Id configured in ldap is MadhuR and in sm also it is configured as the same, having the case when an user logins to the system/domain as madhur, SM wont be able to authenticate the user. Is it so?? Please assist.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Madhu_Ranganath
Message 4 of 6 (216 Views)

as of now what happens is, while logging into system if i use madhur nor MadhuR i would be able to access service manager. But its not the same when logging through windows client. I must use the exact id existing in SM db. Can you please let me know why is this??
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Madhu_Ranganath
Message 5 of 6 (211 Views)

just to make things clear. I am looking out for doing an ldap integration with connect-it to pull the records from ldap and store it in SM
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
alperoz
Message 6 of 6 (197 Views)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation