Re: LDAP Mapping (205 Views)
Regular Advisor
jgrisewood
Message 1 of 7 (221 Views)

LDAP Mapping

Hi all,

I am trying to map the manager field from active directory to service center to use in approvals for change in service center.

however when i map the manager field in active directory to manager field in contact table i get this,
CN=castand,OU=Users,OU=********,OU=EMEA,DC=**********DC=com

(****'s = compnay info)

Is there anyway way to pull just the last CN, so basically just to take "castand" as service center doesnt recognise the manger name while in this format.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and regards

John
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Mohammad S
Message 2 of 7 (221 Views)

Re: LDAP Mapping

Hi,

in LDAP base direcory, you use OU=Users,OU=********,OU=EMEA,DC=**********DC=com

and map only "CN" to "name" in operator table

Regards
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
jgrisewood
Message 3 of 7 (221 Views)

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for you reply, i am bit confused about what you mean, here is some more information, we are using

OU=EMEA,DC=*******,DC=com as our base directory as we are using more OU for countries, so we had to use this top level OU of EMEA in order to pulled the contact user from all the different countries, this is working fine and we can map the contact.name from the samAccountName field in Active directory without any issue, however the manager field in Active directory give the full path name of the user instead of just the user id, so we are looking to map for example, "castand", however active directory return the full path

is there any way to filter this down to just give the CN="castand" so we can use this field.

The reason we want to do this is that we want to use active directory as the primary source of information for incident and changes but we cant since the manager field cannot be mapped properly.

hope this helps to give a better picture of what i am looking for, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Mohammad S
Message 4 of 7 (221 Views)

John,

I don't understand why you use OU=EMEA,DC=*******,DC=com as base directory instead of OU=Users,OU=********,OU=EMEA,DC=**********DC=com

Are managers in a separate OU?
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
jgrisewood
Message 5 of 7 (221 Views)

Ive been asking myself the same question but unfortunalty i wasnt part of that decision,
top level
company name
under here then we have
EMEA
UK
Americas
AsiaPAC

And under EMEA was hav a seperate OU for each country
Luxembourg
Madrid
Amsterdam etc

And in each of these we have a users folder.

As far as i know you can only pull from one OU and there fore we took the top level once, ie EMEA and then used the following search to find all the users
Lpdap Additional query
(&(objectClass=user)(sn=*))

Now under each user in AD there is a field called manager, unfortunatly this is not a simple text field, if it was it would be no problem, it is basically a fill button where you can select who that persons direct line manager is. In active diecrtory you only see the users name, ie "castand" however when we try to map this field to SC we get the full path location of this user

And that is where we are having this issue as this is not readable by SC, any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
JosieJosie02
Message 6 of 7 (216 Views)

RetVal=UCase(RightPart(LeftPart([manager],",OU=",0,"CN=",0))

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
JosieJosie02
Message 7 of 7 (205 Views)

RetVal=UCase((RightPart(LeftPart((Replace([manager],"\","")),",OU=",0,"CN=",0)))

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation